Announcement - Photobucket images no longer working - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Announcement - Photobucket images no longer working

Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

Community Support

If you need Admin support please post here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 03:01 PM
Cat

I have a question about this: how do we share pictures on this website once photobucket have messed up everyone's images?

Beauty (12th August 2007 - 3rd November 2008 )
Dylan (4th November 2008 - 23rd March 2012)
Tom (29/08/2014 - 17/10/2014)
Ebony (01/01/2014 - 2nd March 201

Tigger (31/10/14 - current) <3
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 06:52 AM
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonytigger View Post
I have a question about this: how do we share pictures on this website once photobucket have messed up everyone's images?
Imgur or Tiny Pic.
Beware Tiny Pic is owned by Photobucket. That's worrying for me.

I'm with Tiny Pic for now but will be moving to Imgur soon.

Photobucket is allowing users to download their libraries. I did that several months ago.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Note to everyone: Please make sure that any program you use is "private" and cannot link to your other pictures. Nobody needs to see grandpa dancing in his underwear with a lamp on his head while singing "I Like Big Butts."

Some things can never be unseen.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

You can host images on site with the attachment manager (straight to your posts) or the Gallery: Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums - All Albums

Let us know if you have any issues with the system.

- JB

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 12:17 AM
Premier Cat

I keep forgetting about the drag & drop feature. It didn't work for me when I tried it just when it became available, but it did just now (test forum). Yay!

But is there any way to add text after an attachment? I previewed my post and saw the pic, but in the editing window, there isn't any indication of where the attachment is. I skipped a line (like between the first paragraph of this post and this paragraph) and added a sentence, thinking maybe the pic would appear in between, but the pic appeared after all text. This isn't a big deal. I'm just curious.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
I keep forgetting about the drag & drop feature. It didn't work for me when I tried it just when it became available, but it did just now (test forum). Yay!

But is there any way to add text after an attachment? I previewed my post and saw the pic, but in the editing window, there isn't any indication of where the attachment is. I skipped a line (like between the first paragraph of this post and this paragraph) and added a sentence, thinking maybe the pic would appear in between, but the pic appeared after all text. This isn't a big deal. I'm just curious.

I'll walk you through this:

First you click on Go Adv and then you want to use the Attachments tool (paperclip icon). Click on that and a smaller window appears that is your Attachment Manager - see below:

Select your images and hit upload. Once you are satisfied, you can close this window.

Click image for larger version

Name:	catf1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	117114

Then, you go back to the paperclip icon, click and you'll see your uploaded images. Ensure that you have the cursor where you want the image to appear and click on the upload. It'll then show as [ ATTACH] 12345 [/ ATTACH] (with no spaces, as seen in the screenshot):

Click image for larger version

Name:	catf2.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	117122

It's always a good idea to check how your images look by selecting 'Preview Post' before going ahead and 'submit reply.'

Let me know if that works for you and/or if you need further assistance - thanks!

Cheers,
Natalie

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 10:21 PM
Kitten

Just a heads up to anyone like me that wasn't aware of the photobucket fiasco and that are just now trying to download their albums...it's not working via PB interface/ui but you can still get your pics by:

1 right clicking on your pic and open in new tab
2 right click, view image
3 right click, save as

I have not been able to download any video though as photobucket seems to be having major issues and will only download at like 1.2KB/s....

Hmmm..
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 02:55 AM
Premier Cat

Hi Natalie,

Yes, that worked like a charm - thanks so much!

Calistin, thanks for that info - good to know. Everyone's probably trying to download all their stuff at the same time. I think everything I have on photobucket is on my laptop but will check to make sure.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

you can also drag photos to the DRAG and DROP in the quick reply drop box.

Lee
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page