Questions about five-minute edit limit. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Questions about five-minute edit limit.

Ha, what a tongue-twister.

My first question is, if I click the edit box and edit my post in time, but I actually hit "send" after the five minute mark, will the edits go through? Pretty sure the answer is no, but I just want to check.

And, is the general MO to PM a moderator for edit requests? Is there something differentiating mods from regular members in the "online users" list? I don't think any of the users listed right now are mods, so I can't tell.

I'm a member of another forum with such a limit, but it has a board just for posting edit/delete requests for mods, so whatever mods are on and have a moment reply to the requests. I'm gonna feel really strange PMing a specific moderator for every edit request. I apologize in advance--I make beaucoup typos, even after careful proofreading.

Lauren
& my furbaby, Niles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Some members and mods choose the "invisible" mode, so you can't see when they're online, but there's usually a mod or two around.

You can always PM a Mod if you've made a error you can't live with (not something we encourage, because we'd be spending all our time fixing people's posts for them). If you're really bothered by typos and grammar (like I am), you may want to write your post in Word so you can spell/grammar check it first, and then copy and paste it here.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Ah, well that's good to know. I guess I'll just have to be much more relaxed about typos that slip though. I definitely don't want to be a bother.

I'll try to PM sparingly. I'm guessing there's no list of mods since I don't see a member list?

Thanks!

Lauren
& my furbaby, Niles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Premier Cat

The moderators are listed in this sticky:

https://www.catforum.com/forum/70-int...ead-first.html
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Oh, neato! Thanks!

I think I'll try out the "friend" feature for the first time on a VBulletin, to keep the list handy.

Lauren
& my furbaby, Niles

Last edited by Hepburn; 02-10-2011 at 08:07 PM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Near the bottom center of the main page of the forum, there are two things you can click on, Mark Forums Read and View Forum Leaders, which lists the mods and admin people.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
Near the bottom center of the main page of the forum, there are two things you can click on, Mark Forums Read and View Forum Leaders, which lists the mods and admin people.
AH! Can't believe I missed it. I was looking for something like that, but too far down in the forum.

I feel like such a dolt. I've posted at so many forums with a similar layout, but these little differences in customization can make it so hard to remember which forum has what, and where.

Kind of like like how cluelessly turn this and push that whenever I'm in a car other that my own and need to turn on the windshield-wipers or brights. And then I get confused when I go back to my usual car.

Lauren
& my furbaby, Niles
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Don't worry, I don't think it's something that most members have noticed, either.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Cat Addict

There's a 5 minute edit limit on otehr forumns? I thought they instituted it here just to embarass me.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_ph View Post
There's a 5 minute edit limit on otehr forumns? I thought they instituted it here just to embarass me.
Dave, I've only been a member for a couple of days, but every one of your posts have cracked me up.

The this other forum I frequent has a 30-minute limit, so just a tad bit more time. Still leads to some embarrassing moments, like recently when I described someone I know as having "gouged ears".

Lauren
& my furbaby, Niles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page