Foster/Rescue - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Foster/Rescue

Has anyone else suggested a foster or rescue forum? I post my foster threads in "meet my kitty" or "health" forums, but I was thinking a foster/rescue forum might be useful

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered" - Bob Barker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

To let people know that they're available for adoption? That would the Cats in Need forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan841 View Post
Has anyone else suggested a foster or rescue forum? I post my foster threads in "meet my kitty" or "health" forums, but I was thinking a foster/rescue forum might be useful

I think it would be a good idea, or a sub-forum somewhere for it. I always put it in meet my kitty or cat chat. It would be cool to make it a forum to discuss rescue protocols and suggestions and help for new fosters and people needing rescue help or advice and just to chat about fosters in general, etc. [insert punctuation somewhere]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
To let people know that they're available for adoption? That would the Cats in Need forum.
No, just to talk to other rescue people and share experiences

"Help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered" - Bob Barker
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
I think it would be a good idea, or a sub-forum somewhere for it. I always put it in meet my kitty or cat chat. It would be cool to make it a forum to discuss rescue protocols and suggestions and help for new fosters and people needing rescue help or advice and just to chat about fosters in general, etc. [insert punctuation somewhere]
Agreed!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

What would be some (specific) examples of topics you think would be in the proposed forum as opposed to the ones we already have. What would be the advantage of having these example topics in a different forum?

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Maybe like bottle babies, caring for pregnant/nursing cats, foster stories, rescue and shelter protocols, animal rights/legislation issues.

Some of these could fall under other current topics, I just think it would be nice to have one place within the site where people with similar interests can gather. Maybe combine it with feral cats also?

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:38 AM
Tom Cat

Maybe subforum of feral cats. I use the term "feral" loosely. How good is vBulletin's search criteria? I wouldn't want to miss a thread because it only talked about, for example, bottle feeding a rescued 2 week old kitten versus rescuing and fostering an adult male, previously owned cat who is missing his litter mate (I am currently dealing with the latter circumstance).
Some of the topics suggested are in the Ferals forum, i.e., TNR.
Perhaps a forum "Pregnancy and Kitten Care"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page