Hi from Minnesota! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Hi from Minnesota!

Hi everyone,
I finally decided to join a cat forum since I have two cats now. Let me tell you a little bit about my two boys.

A year ago, my daughter saw two kittens running across the street. On bolted, the other hid on a tire on a car. My daughter, who absolutely loves cats, decided to take the little kitten home. When she came home she showed me a white/orange, scruffy, emaciated kitten. We live in an apartment and we are not allowed to have cats. I couldn't help but feel sorry for the little guy, so I decided to keep him. My daughter who suffers from Bipolar Disorder filed for an companion animal permission and we were granted the kitten. So, she named him Chowder, I brought him to the vet. Chowder was very sick at that time, but with the medication and TLC he became better. Now he is a year old, happy and sassy. He is a great cat with a wonderful personality and he is much loved by us.
About a month ago, my friend who runs the Humane Society called me. She was looking for a foster home for a young kitten. Our building meanwhile was sold to another company and so I thought it would be safe to foster the kitten. When we arrived, my friend showed me a little ball of fluff. The kitten was three weeks old and someone had found it running alongside the highway. My friend thought it to be a Maine Coon. We took the kitten home and my daughter, who btw is a pro in naming animals, named the kitten Edgar! Yes, yes, laugh it up...LOL
Anyway, Edgar is now over a month old and have become very independent. My friend still swears he is a Coon, but I honestly don't care as I love this little guy a lot. Chowder has taken over the mother role and cleans Edgar on a daily base. He'll come and lay with me when he is tired and he'll whine if he is not comfortable. He is a good eater and never required additional milk. He is a wonderful little fat kitten...LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Hi from Minnesota!

Welcome!

Foster? Sounds like he found a permanent home.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thank you Marie!! Yeah, I said foster, but couldn't help but to fall in love with the little guy! I think I would be heartbroken if I had to give him up! I'm such a softy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I put some up in the picture forum
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Cat

Welcome.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

How nice that you saved two little lives! Welcome!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I never thought I would ever have cats, but I was wrong!! I absolutely love our two fur-balls and I haven't regretted it a day that I took them in my home!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page