Hello, from a New Member - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello, from a New Member

Greetings, all.

I popped onto the forum a week or so ago for the first time looking for kitty transporting advice. I thought I should introduce myself before asking more questions.

I am a happily divorced, middle-aged woman. I am a life-long animal geek, but dogs have always been first love in the animal kingdom. However, in the last three years or so, I have learned to appreciate cats. I inherited my late mother’s home and with it, came her cat, Shadow. He is a mellow old man, as patient as Job (except at mealtimes), and unassuming. He has patiently “trained” countless family dogs, and has reformed me from a “dogs only” person to a gal who appreciates the mystique, beauty, and antics of felines.

Shadow did such a good job at training me, that last summer I adopted Cookie Dough, my three-legged, declawed princess. Although they will never be best friends, they tolerate each other quite well.

Then there is Lewie, my Border collie mix. He is my constant companion, very gentle and respectful of the cats. We have a nice, quiet little household.

I will be moving from Michigan to Texas (Woot!) soon to be nearer to family and I couldn’t be more thrilled. I am attending college, preparing for my second career as I recently retired from my employer of 35 years. I’m having a blast at school and looking forward to my new career in IT.

That’s the tip of the iceberg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Hello, from a New Member

Welcome!

Looking forward to pictures!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page