New Member-New Kitten - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Talking New Member-New Kitten

Greetings to all,

New members saying Hello!! Also first time cat owners!! This is our boy Atticus, he's been "home" for three days now.. We have been life long "dog people"... we are "cat people" now too!!! We used to have two German Shepherds, lost our boy Mason last year to bloat... We have our girl Ruby, she's 10 yrs old, has some health problems, but still has plenty of spark... Thought now would be a good time to introduce a kitty into the family... We found a great local Maine Coon breeder and talked the situation over with him... So far we have taken it slow with the introductions... all seems to be going well...Ruby is quite gentle and we don't expect any problems...

I'm sure we will have plenty of questions, I'm soooo glad to have found this forum!!

Ron & Bev
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Atticus.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	1211  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Cat

Welcome to the forum! I also have a German Shepherd and a cat. Miss Mavis the cat, was used to dogs, so when my Aussie died, and latter my German Shepherd puppy came - Miss Mavis, who is gentle, and never once has used her claws, took the puppy training over. She has "trained" Sting to wash her ears. In return she gives a token lick at one of his. Your Ruby sounds so sweet and I am so sorry about Mason. Atticus is handsome. Looking forward to seeing a photo of the 2 of them together.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Kitten

Ah...You're going to love your Maine Coon kitten. I have a Maine Coon mix cat that our rescue rescued from being euthanized at a local shelter. Maine Coons are generally very even-tempered and have great personalities. Ours gives head butts for love. So adorable!! Welcome!! I'm new to this forum too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Jr. Cat

Welcome!

I have a very soft spot for MCs, and am so glad you found a responsible, helpful breeder. Never had an MC as a kitten, only retired adults, so I'll be fascinated to hear your accounts of kittenhood!

(Now I'm wondering, in abbreviating Maine Coon cat, if the second c belongs in there. Like the D in GSD -- it drives me nuts when people drop "Dog" from that breed name.)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Jr. Cat

Arr cute x Welcome a new cat owner too x
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Kitten

Wow, so cute. Can't wait to adopt my new kitten!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 01:44 AM
Jr. Cat

Welcome! I'm new as well and have been a dog person all my life, but recently got stuck fostering a newborn orphaned kitten that I have grown to love. I as well have a german shepherd; 14 months old!

Emajean and Frag; Kitten and Friend
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Kitten

What a beautiful baby! I've only ever met lovely Maine Coon kitties. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page