Usia says hello! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Usia says hello!

Usia is my oriental cat. I have millions of videos and pics with her. I'm not sure if I can post them here, so I'll be careful so far.

I need to be careful, because I'm here to ask for advise I badly need. We are originally Russian, I looked through all Russian speaking forums and couldn't find the answer.

Usia and I live in Montenegro now. We moved here in June from our huge and not very loved by us Moscow.

Montenegro has everything for happiness- loads of sea, kind people, good weather, green trees and fresh air.

Usia loved catching the smell of the air with her long oriental nose. Usia loves it here although she is not sure why her mommy ( me ) sometimes looks so depressed and stressed.

I do look so. And I look so because apparently in this tiny country I am not able to find the food for my cat. My cat was diagnosed with loads of nasty stuff which I'm not able to translate. She had very bad intestinal problems until we started eating special veterinary diet.

Before moving to the country I phoned to the company which produces our food and found out that it is important here. But in practice - it's not. The country is small, we travelled through all over it and found nothing.

To get the food for our cat now we travel to the neighbour country Croatia. But because we have russian passports we will be able to do it only until the end of october. Then the borders will be closed for us.

I'm writing to you because I literally broke my head trying to understand what else I can do? Bye a year supply? But what if it is considered to be smuggling? ( a year supply is loads of food). I tried talking to the local shops in our town and the capital. But even in the capital they told us it's unlikely we will find the food.
I wrote to some of internet shops but they don't deliver to Montenegro.

What can I do?

I'm really running out of ideas. My cat can't eat other food. When she does she goes under medicine the next moment. We tried changing the food and spoilt her stomach for half a year.

I have time till October. That's when they close borders and I will not be able to transport the food from Croatia to Montenegro. ( Even now I'm not sure if I'm doing anything illegal or not, because the poster near the border says to bring no food into the country... what about cat food I don't ask, I just sit quietly in the car and pray to get the food home)

I don't know what Usiaka and I are waiting from you. May be you know a very big internet shop, may be ... oh... really don't know.

No inspiration any more.
The country is lovely but they are definitely not pet lovers here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I'm so sorry you're having this problem. I wish I knew how to help you get food for your cat.

We're very happy to have you with us. Don't forget to sign the rules, and post once more. I'm sure you'll enjoy the forums, and I hope you'll get some help.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page