Oi Oi Everyone ^_^ - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Red face Oi Oi Everyone ^_^

hihi,

Lets see, I am 24, married to a Brazilian, and live in a small appartment in Campinas Brazil. Okay not to small I think its pretty nice but some would say small. ^_^...anyways that is me rambling sometime I am prone to do when put in a spotlight like this.

I adopted Oliver the day after Easter in Brazil. We looked online about people who wanted to give away kittens or even a cat if they were not wild-wild...my husband only ever had dogs so I didn't want to introduce him to a crazy cat *rolls eyes at the road to **** statement*. We ended up finding a site where a person had found some kittens at the zoo and gave them to a vet that was a few blocks away and open on Easter. So we drove over and the kittens were just to hyper for my husband going all over the place. He wanted a nice calm snuggly cat...so the man put the kittens away and brought out three others that were brought in that same day. To were calm but curious and wiggly but one just curled right up in ronaldos arms and fell asleep. So that was the winner, we left him there that day to meet another woman about a litter she found but she never called back so we decided if the woman didn't call back by the next morning the sleepy kitty was meant to be ours and we would go get him...sure enough no call.

So we went back to the vet, went into the back and had them look over the kitten, give him his first shots (he was to young still for some of them) and took him home. 3 days later....he was **** on paws...I swear...they must have been all oh these people want a calm cat? *drugs the wildest kitten in the back and gives it to them* and he has been insane ever since. While we sleep he liked to drop things on our heads from the shelves above, attack our ankles as we walked by, and figure out how to the closet and drawers and throw everything out so he could sleep in them...also hates being pet... my poor husband was so frustrated...is still a bit...so much for making his first cat experience a slow easy transition...

Should have seen his face the first time Oliver decided to try to climb the curtains his mom made for us...priceless...lucky hes out of that habit and the curtains are now safe, he has calmed down, no more dropping crap on my head (he even gave me a black eye one night cuz he missed the shelf and the paw went right into my sleeping eyeball) and he likes to cuddle every once in a while with me but god forbid my husband tries petting, he tolerates two seconds then goes away. I really wish he would warm up to him I just don't know how to do it. Oh well ^_^ I think that is a long enough intro on my cat and I.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Kitten

It must be in the name...

I think craziness might be a part of the name Oliver. I have an Oliver who is a complete lunatic. Just a few minutes ago he howled at something random in my hallway and ran into the living room then came back to the hallway and started the process over. As sudden as that happened, it was just as sudden as he ran back into my room, hopped onto my bed, and curled up to take a midnight snooze. Once I'm ready to go to bed, he'll get up and start attacking my other cat, Sebastian, to get him to play. The joys of the Olivers...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page