Hello from Denmark - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello from Denmark

Hi everyone!

I am happy to find this board. It is always a pleasure to join up with others who loves cats as much as I do.
I am 22 years old and I live in Denmark in Northern Europe.

My family has always been crazy about cats. When I was a kid, we used to have at least 30 cats around our house, because there were many wild cats in the area that had either been born into the wild or were left by their owners.
So my parents took them in, gave them food, treated their wounds if they had any, and in the end the cats just decided to stay.

For 18 years, I had one cat that I had a very close bond with, as I grew up with him. His name was RÝmer and he was a short-haired Persian. He was so caring and calm. He was our only in-door cat, which I think helped him live as long as he did, because sadly most of our other cats were either hurt in traffic or simply ran away =(

In February this year, it was sadly RÝmer's turn to say goodbye. The age had become a problem, and when his kidneys started to fail, we knew that there was no other choice than to give him a peaceful rest.
He will be greatly missed.

The house felt very empty without a cat, so a few months after, I decided to start over with a new kitten.
I then found a lady who was breeding Maine Coon kittens, and she had the most adorable little baby-boy. His dad was not a Maine Coon, so he was only half, which also meant that I could buy him cheaper, which I was happy about, because he is absolutely adorable =)

It was difficult to find a name for him at first, but since he looks so much like my old RÝmer, I just decided to give him the same name, as I was more used to that anyway. He is 7 months old now and he has really become the centre of attention in the house.
He wants to do everything with you, follows you around everywhere, and we have bought so many toys for him now that people might start to think that we have a human baby living here, haha.

I look forward to showing you pictures of him
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page