Hello from Michigan - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello from Michigan

I found out about this forum a while back when looking up information regarding an amputation--which my cat ultimately had--and decided to register. My oldest cat, Tigger, passed away yesterday at the age of 14. She was a pretty maine coon with a great attitude, but unfortunately developed fibrosarcoma and after several surgeries, she succumbed to it. My other cat, Baby, is 8, a tortoise shell (orange/black/brown) and has some digestive issues. The vet's only solution to this was to give injections of steroids, which hasn't helped and is not something I want to put her through for the rest of her life. Despite occasional vomiting, she has not lost weight and is a healthy cat otherwise. I am looking into switching her diet so as to help her manage better. Butterscotch is my youngest cat, and he's 2. We think he is a maine coon of some sort, as he has the long, fluffy tail and the meow, but he's a little on the smaller side. Fortunately, he's healthy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Senior Cat

Welcome to the forum!

I am so very sorry about Tigger. He was loved and you made the best decision for him. He will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge!

Sending good thoughts your way for you and Baby. I don't really have a lot of experience w/ the medical stuff, but hopefully you will get some different viewpoints and support from the other forum members. When you can, post in the Health & Nutrition section about Baby.

We'd LOVE to see pictures of your cats, including Tigger! They all sound beautiful.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Kitten

I'm so sorry for your loss.

It's good that you checked with the vet on the digestive problems. One thing though, does Baby throw up right after eating so that the food is pretty much undigested? My cat Elvis does this. Ends up he just eats too fast and therefore too much (he eats his sisters food if we don't watch him). We fixed this by feeding him using a dry pet food forager feeder. It's a toy too, so he gets excercise and stimulation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat-a-Rat View Post

It's good that you checked with the vet on the digestive problems. One thing though, does Baby throw up right after eating so that the food is pretty much undigested? My cat Elvis does this. Ends up he just eats too fast and therefore too much (he eats his sisters food if we don't watch him). We fixed this by feeding him using a dry pet food forager feeder. It's a toy too, so he gets excercise and stimulation.
Yeah, it's almost right after she eats usually. Ironically, it's only some of the time--she'll go a couple days without throwing up at all, then she'll throw up twice in a day after eating. I've tried a few different foods (Venison food, Iams, Purina etc.) and she always has the same problem. I will definitely have to look into the forager you mentioned. What store did you get it from? Thanks
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 11:33 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I hope it's nothing serious. Please keep us posted. You've had so much trouble in only a few days. I'm so sorry you lost Tigger.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page