*pokes experimentally* - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

*pokes experimentally*

Hi, I'm Lauren. I attempted to post this yesterday, but I think it got lost in the depths of the internet. Anyway, I'm new. Obviously.

I've been a cat lover all my life, but my family never seemed to share in the joy. Now that I'm finally living on my own, I'm hoping to get a kitten later this summer.

I'm also totally blind, so I'm sure there will be much hilarity to report once I do. I have visions of chasing the cat down the hallway of my apartment building...

This forum looks like a great resource. And rest assured, I'll find a way to share pictures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Cool Cat

LOL
Even before I read "chasing down the hallway", I already imagined you tripping over the kitty IN the apartment! Kittens are horrible at getting underfoot, especially as they're small... even when they're grown up and do that ankle-winding thing, it can be a challenge to stay upright for more than a few steps

Oh yeah, and WELCOME!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid Dawn View Post
LOL
Even before I read "chasing down the hallway", I already imagined you tripping over the kitty IN the apartment! Kittens are horrible at getting underfoot, especially as they're small... even when they're grown up and do that ankle-winding thing, it can be a challenge to stay upright for more than a few steps

Oh yeah, and WELCOME!
Hah! I've grown up with dogs, and it's been interesting to see how a lot of them have reacted to my not looking them in the face. My parents current lab will lay in walkways or in the middle of the floor. I inevitably trip over her, and she barely moves.

On the other hand, Roxy our jack russel terrier would snap at me if I got too close when she was sleeping. I just don't think she ever understood that I couldn't *see* where she was. Granted, I think she also had other issues, but that's another story.

Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully my kitten will realize her human is clumsy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Premier Cat

Hi Lauren and welcome...I wish you luck in finding a kitten!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 03:54 AM
FrD
Kitten

i can see fine and i still trip over my cats all the time, the worst is our cat louie will hide in blankets and i sit on him!! and the dog thing totally happens to me, our dog is big and seems to think that he has to lay at my feet and then i dont see him and trip over him!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Cat Addict

HI

Hi there, i'm new also. so nice to meet you. Maybe you could think about a siamese or siamese mix? I have 2 that are siamese mixed , and they "talk" alot. mine Talk loudly every time I walk near them, they don't get out of the way but at least i know where they are at all times...

Rebecca
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 01:57 AM
Jr. Cat

I have 2 siamese mixes and my brother has 2 pure bred siamese..all we have to do is call their names and they "talk" to us. One of the kittens seems to yell when you call him and he can't find you haha. All of them are very vocal though and 2 out of 4 just love to snuggle at all times! but we all still manage to trip over all of them at times due to them running around at our feet as we walk...i think that is just inevitable when owning a cat!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page