Need advice! Kitten urinating and pooping on my bed - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Need advice! Kitten urinating and pooping on my bed

Hi everyone,

3 weeks ago I took a 13 weeks old kitten home. He's a Tonkinese, extremely sweet and very playful.

In the past 3 weeks he peed twice on the bed in my spare bedroom (his room) and once on my bed. He also pooped on the spare bed last night.

I have an appointment with the vet this week to check whether this could be a UTI problem, however the pooping is making me think it may not be a health issue.

He is litter trained. The breeder I bought him from has been using silica litter since he was born and I am not using the same brand since I took him in.

I keep the litter tray clean all the time. Scoop the solid out twice a day and in the past 3 weeks have already changed the litter twice (each bag of litter should last between 3 to 4 weeks)

He is a very playful kitten and me and my partner spend pretty much the entire time with him playing when we are not at work.

Iíve been reading several posts on the internet about catsí owners with the same problem, however none of them were about a kitten, hence this post.

I have relatives staying with me on a regular basis and Iím thinking that all these ďnew facesĒ may be stressing or bothering him, however he is very happy to play with them and can be found sleeping on their lap the moment he gets tired.

Iíve also been using feliway on the mattress, duvets, pillows and sheets however that doesnít seem to be working either.

He hasnít need neutered yet as heís too young and Iím waiting for him to be 6 months old.

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out here as Iím kind of running out of ideas

Many thanks in advance

Simon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Kitten

I know of a spray called 'get off' thats been really good for me - mine used to miss the tray or not even aim for it should i say and just did the toiletting on the carpet for a while but this really helped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page