my non identical twins - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

my non identical twins

I have 2 female cats who are same litter sisters I've had them since they were 6 weeks old. The girl I rescued them from found them in a plastic bag behind her restaurant and couldn't keep them where she was living. one is solid white i named her Lunabella (or Luna for short) and the other is a beautiful tiger calico i named Izzabella (or Izzy for short). 2 weeks ago i started working again and around that time Izzy started to become less friendly toward Luna few examples are lots of hissing, not sleeping together, clawing/biting worse than usual, have even found small traces of blood on Luna like Izzy's nails scratched her really bad, now she's even starting to get moody toward me earlier today she scratched up my hand cause I was petting her while holding her.... I'm not sure what exactly is going on and I could really use some help on this cause she wasn't like this a month ago. She's usually the worlds friendliness cat and now she's starting to act mean and hateful toward everyone please help

Spamj from Brimfield
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Jr. Cat

Hi. I would take them to the vet if you haven't already. There maybe a health related issue. Also it could just be their age. They were separated from their mom too early and they need to learn what is acceptable behavior. Good luck. I rescued some kittens years ago from a lady who force weaned around 4 weeks and one of them ended up having OCD and I had issues of them not grooming themselves and very rough play and separation anxiety. Of course I hadn't found this wonderful forum and didn't handle it and had to rehome them. Keep us updated and welcome. I'm sure you will get great advice here.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

well i dont know if it would b seperation anxiety from their birth mom i've had them now almost 2 years. i'll try bringing izzy to the vet thou didnt think of doi ing that since its only her attitude. but at this point im willing to do just about anything to get her lovey again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Cat Addict

Hi and welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your cats aren't getting along. I hope this problem will get solved.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Premier Cat

Hi and welcome! I too would first rule out medical issues whenever faced with a sudden change in behavior. If it's not medical, then it could be their age, in that cats typically reach social maturity at or around the age of 2 (social maturity is when a cat's territorial instincts are fully developed), which sometimes results in problems between cats that previously got along well, and could account for Izzy's new behavior. But, before we deal with that, I suggest you first rule out a medical cause. Good luck and I hope Izzy is ok.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 01:42 AM
Kitten

Cats are like that when they're growing I guess. I had a mother cat who was really nice to her only daughter. When the daughter cat had grown up, both of them didn't get along, more like two stranger cats.

I didn't consult it to anyone related to any medical issues, luckily it didn't last long, the mother cat could accept her mature daughter.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

well i guess all moms r like that thou. they have a hard time with their children growing up and becoming adults
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page