hello - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

hello

just introducing myself. My family has three cats, two are older and they are brother and sister, the other is only four years old and was a from a little that was born at our house. The two older cats are 11 years old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Cat

Hello! Welcome. Do you have any pictures of these felinesss? :]
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Premier Cat

Welcome to the forum!

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Premier Cat

Hi and welcome to the Forum...looking forward to pictures of your three!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

here is Slinky

and here is his sister Daisy

the other one I do not have a photo of on this computer.

me posting here is a little bitter sweet, I was just told monday night that Slinky more than likely has lung cancer. a year ago his purr changed, it started to sound more like the sound a dove makes, he seemed totaly fine otherwise so we just let it go. About five months ago he started to cough every now and then, a dry cough that would last a while and then go away. He did this alot when we first got him 11 years ago and he has always had some kind of cough. We brought him in then but they said his lungs sounded fine but they would have to do an x-ray and we decided that we just could not afford it. Last week I had a day off work and I had some extra money from working overtime so I brought him in for the X-ray. At first the vet thought that he may have something wrong with his throat because he did not like anyone touching him there but the x-ray showed some white cloudy areas in his lungs and I was told that it looks like lung cancer. I was shocked, I don't know what to say, I decided not to torment him any more and just brought him home, but now all I see is a dead cat walking around my house, coughing every time he get excited. It breaks my heart to see him go pick up his ball and want to play but get out of breath so fast and then start coughing more. I don't know what to do, part of me just says let him just have a good rest of his life in peace, another part wants to take him in for more test.

Sorry to rant the bad news here, I just don't know where else to tell someone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page