Hi, Can a Cat nursing Kittens get Pregnant - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hi, Can a Cat nursing Kittens get Pregnant

My son took in a cat he found outside. We were in the process of finding a place to spay her when we found out she was pregnant. She had 9 kittens but 3 died a week ago. Anyway, she managed to get out of the house for a day and came back. The kittens were 4 weeks old. Is is possible for a cat to get pregnant while nursing kittens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Cat Addict

Absolutely yes its possible. In fact I believe cats can get pregnant again just few days after giving birth.

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Tom Cat

I think it is possible because I thought I read somewhere that toms will kill kittens to mate with the female. At least i think it was cats...

"Dogs have Masters. Cats have staff." - Unknown

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Premier Cat

Yes.

Yes, female cats can get pregnant while nursing a litter and they are able come into season within days of giving birth. With feral cats, or cats people are unable to keep strictly away from male cat attention, there will almost *never* be a time to spay the cat when she wouldn't be pregnant.
It is very hard on female cats' bodies to have back-to-back-to-back litters. You have a difficult decision ahead of you, now.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Premier Cat

Yes, a nursing queen can become pregnant. It is hard enough on a mamacat to nurse, especially if she has a large litter of 4 or more kittens. To become pregnant on top of that is a heavy strain on her body and unborn kittens, and she would likely lose a lot of weight and condition.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 05:08 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to KittieLover Send a message via Skype™ to KittieLover
Yes. My friend's cat had a couple of kittens, then about 2 days later, she had a couple more. But about a month later, very sadly died

-Sarah
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 06:41 AM
Kitten

I think it is possible for cats to get pregnant while nursing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page