Hello - Need help please - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello - Need help please

Hello everyone. My wife and I just took in a kitten that we found wondering in the woods behind our home. He seems extremely friendly. Jumps and climbs up us all the time, loves to run around, never hisses at us or seems distressed.

He's very small, I'd guess he couldn't be more than a few weeks old. I noticed today that his eyes were shut and they had some sort of dried pus on them. I cleaned them off with a cotton ball and he seemed fine. A few hours later, his eyes were shut again. They also look a bit red around the edges.

We're not really pet people. She saw him,fell in love, and wanted to take him in, but this is an area we both know nothing about. Does this sound like something we can just keep cleaning? Should we be using some sort of medicated drops? Or should I just take him to the Vet?

Thanks,

Richard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Kitten

As I've never had a kitten, only a grown cat, I can't answer specifically about the eye pus - but I definitely recommend you to go to the vet with the kitty. A check-up is always useful, and he/she will need to get de-wormed anyway.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Kitten

Definitely sounds like some sort of infection. Especially since it involves pus. Dont worry it shouldn't be too hard to fix though. Generally it involves some eye drops/cream and it goes away. Absolutely bring the little guy to the vet before it gets worse unchecked. Also, since you are new to this...dont let it deter you from having cats...probably just a rare bump in the road and then he will be fine.
Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page