Hello, I'm Gabby169 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Smile Hello, I'm Gabby169

I'm super excited because I'll be able to bring Gabby home soon. I'm adopting her from a person I used to live with. Gabby's story will be posted in the adoption stories area when I get the privilege.

It's been quite the process to get to this point. I live in a no pets allowed apartment building, but I qualify for an emotional support animal because of my severe depression and extreme anxiety. There was the paperwork for my doctor to sign, I had to get liability insurance on the 8 lb fluff ball (thankfully included on a regular renters insurance policy), and get her vet records. The paperwork my doctor signed got lost so it had to be filled out again, grrrrrr. I called the apartment management people last week and they said it takes a full business week to give their final approval. All they have to do is look at the attached paperwork and sign it, it takes less than 5 minutes. They told me it was approved but I still have to wait until my manager give me the official go ahead. I just want to bring her home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gabby4.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	2613  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 03:28 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to KittieLover Send a message via Skype™ to KittieLover
Awwww! Looks like a Tortoiseshell!
Cannot wait to read stories about her and see pics!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Tom Cat

There is nothing like a cat for companionship and love, especially in your circumstances. Both my husband and son have passed away, and I cannot imagine my home not being filled with my furry family.

I think you'll be amazed at how much a pet can do for depression and anxiety. Good Luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Cat

The stupid apartment management company is getting on my last nerve. I know my moods are going to be swinging tonight. They said it would take one business week to get the paperwork back to me. Well that week was up on Friday so I should have had it today at the latest, but nope, no word, not even a response to a voice mail I left before 10am. I've decided no matter what I'm brining her home tomorrow. My managers boss told me last Thursday I was approved but that I had to wait for my manager to get the paper work and give me the official go ahead. They've made this process way too difficult. After I get the official ok I'm going to be starting some sort of inquiry with a disability advocate. This is just nuts. The paperwork, the liability insurance, the vet records, and now a longer wait than necessary. It's not like they are some big company. All they had to do is verify my paperwork is in order and sign it. Easy peasy. ~~roll eyes~~

Thanks for listening to my venting.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Cat Addict

Hi and welcome to the forum! Well I sure hope she comes. You should move to another place that allows pets so you don't have to go through this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Finding a pet friendly place around here is almost impossible. The few apartment complexes that do are horrible overall. Everything else about where I live is perfect, this is the only issue I've had with them. Plus I couldn't move until next April anyhow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page