Hello - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello

Hi! I am new to this forum but probably should have joined long ago. My husband and I currently are slaves to three cats who are dearly loved. They are siblings that we have had since they were abandoned to die at four weeks when their momma lost her milk. They are now 10 years old and we are facing the possible loss of one of them. We just found out that our Thor has a mass cell tumor on his foot that has spread to his lymph node. He may have to have his leg amputated to remove all the cancer but he also has a heart murmur so we will have to do further tests. Thankfully he's still strong and healthy looking so we hope that he will be healthy enough to fight this. He's also getting good vet care. Any advice is welcome.

I also look forward to telling you all about the kitties later when the shock of this new has worn off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Cat Addict

Hi and welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about Thor. Looking forward to pictures when you can.. This must be rough for you.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you! We are very worried about Thor but we will find out in the morning what the vet thinks. So far our plan is to help him fight this since he shows no signs of being ill yet. I've attached a picture of our boy inside an alpaca pillow I made for a cat who has since passed. We are making Thor his own this weekend since the cats love the fiber.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thor 1.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	2639  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Premier Cat

Welcome to the Forum. I'm so sorry to hear about Thor. I hope the news from the vet in the morning is encouraging. Keep us posted.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Got what the vet thought was good new today. The tumor is a mast cell one and the majority of them are benign. We are testing his lymph node to make sure what she felt isn't cancer spreading. If it's not we can remove the tumor and than worry about his heart which does not seem to bother him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page