New here... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

New here...

Hello everyone,

I'm here because I have an issue with my cat. I've had success on other forum's in regards to other topics, so I thought I would try this out for Aspen's and my sake.

She's been to the vet 2 times over the past 4 years with this issue, and they do a full screening and find nothing. I'm setting up another appointment today but doubt they will find anything. I fear it's more of a attitude/behavior issue - and I'm desparately fighting not to take her to the APA.

She's a good cat although she's always been somewhat distant. But when she wants to be loving she really is just adorable! However, she began peeing 4 years ago when my old dog Ajia (would never hurt a fly or step on a plant - God bless her little tender heart) passed away. Her peeing comes and goes but she has ruined a leather coach, a bed mattress and several sheets, and many of my work-out machines because of this. The cost is escalating beyond what I can afford. PLEASE help! I don't want to put her down and I want her to be happy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Premier Cat

Hi and welcome to the Forum. As for Aspen's problem...a few suggestions, some of which you might have already tried (and all on the assumption that there is no medical problem). One is Feliway, a calming pheromone intended to deal with inappropriate urination due to stress. Another is Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract litter, which a number of members here have used with success. You might consider "re-training" her, by confining her to a crate or a small room (such as a bathroom). The latter approach might be difficult in your case, since you say her peeing comes and goes, implying she often uses the litterbox with no issue.

Finally, here is a good article that discusses many common issues associated with a cat not using the litter box...you can see whether any of the issues mentioned might apply to Aspen. The Litter Box From Your Cat's Point of View by Lisa A. Pierson, DVM :: Litter box management, types of cat litter, feline house soiling, inappropriate elimination
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page