Hi to all - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hi to all

Unfortunately I found this forum and am posting in it, in order to relieve some of the immense pain and grief I feel. Last Monday, May 9th, My Cat of 8.5 years was killed by car in front of our house. I'm 38 years old, don't have kids and Dior was truly the love of my life. I have two other cats, Shanti and Lola, and also two dogs .Dylan and Kaya. But Dior was the by far the leader of the whole clan, he was one of kind. The kicker is, he was always and has been strickly an indoor cat. We just moved homes last week in order to get a bigger yard for our dogs, and perhaps a new puppy down the line. And Dior managed to escape. When I got home, I brought my wife a chicken ceasar salad, and sure enough Lola and Shanti were right at her feet when they smelt the chicken. Well I instantly noticed Dior wasn't there, and even if he was sleeping in some remote corner of the house, He would have instantly abandoned his slumbers and joined us. MY wife was also sleeping at the time and I saw a small crack in the glass doors which lead to the back yard, Small, but big enough for a cunning cat to wiggle thru nonetheless. I instantly grabbed my Mag Light and went outside calling his name. We have a 100 meter long driveway filled with plants and flowers on both sides of the road, which leads to the gate and the street. I looked around the backyard for several minutes just praying I would see his little face pop from the bushes ( I'm crying as I type this.) But he didnt show, thats when I walked the driveway and out to the street. I continued to call his name frantically but then my worse fears were realized as I saw a shadow about 30 meters down the road. It was him, he was dead on the spot. The life squeezed out of his tiny frame. I knew he was dead, his once graceful and beautiful body was lifeless.

Since this is my 2nd post ever, I will continue the story after I get approved to post, because its a quite long story , and I really feel the need to get it out, Just typing the above statement has already helped me a lot. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Premier Cat

That is so sad. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through right now. I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, little Dior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Tom Cat

Devastating. I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers and hugs

Christine
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Tom Cat

I'm so sorry for your loss. Very, very sad story.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Kitten

I stumbled upon your message while looking for a place to make my third post... I can't imagine how you're feeling. I'm so sorry for your loss. May God's peace be with you.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Cat

Wow that made my eyes water.. very sorry to hear about Dior.. welcome to the forum and hope it will help in some way.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 05:14 AM
Cat Addict

Made me cry. I am so sorry for your loss *hugs*.

Becky, the proud momma of:

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 05:38 AM
Premier Cat

I'm so so sorry for your loss.

Run free over the bridge Dior.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 07:21 AM
Kitten

Oh gosh, i am so, so sorry. This is absolutely heartbreaking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page