Hello all - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Hello all

Hello everyone. I stumbled upon this place looking for some insight and help (as it seems most people seem to say. ) And talking to other people who love cats is always a bonus. :3 I have two cats (not my first), an approximately 20 month old spayed female black and white medium hair kitty named Muirnin (Gaelic/Celtic for sweetheart or darling) and her single almost 8 month old neutered male dark brown/black tabby and white medium hair kitty named Ciaran (Gaelic/Celtic for little dark one). Nice story behind them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 01:08 AM
Premier Cat

Hi and welcome! Looking forward to hearing stories and seeing pictures of Muirnin and Ciaran.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 01:20 AM
Premier Cat

I can't wait to hear the story of how you came to get them and to see some pictures of them. Welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Cat Addict

Hi and welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see pictures of the cats and stories.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thanks all for the welcomes! :3 As soon as I figure out all the functions and stuff, I'll get some pictures up and then figure out where to post a story. ^-^
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Here's a combined pic of my two kitties. We're currently having some cohabitation issues. >_<
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Muirnin and Ciaran.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	2650  

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Story time! (Long...)

Okay, for lack of a better idea, and seeing others write stories on introduction posts, I'll just put it here.

I had had a previous kitty that I had for a year and six months before she met an untimely death. (She has managed to escape my house for the third and last time {on my birthday, no less}, and was hit by a car.) That was in 2009.

Anyway, I really didn't want to get another cat just yet, I still have guilt over the whole incident, but apparently the powers that be decided otherwise. My parents live on the outskirts of a small farming community and a very popular spot for people to dump off pets, cats in particular. I also think that other cats seem to find their way to my parent's place. Maybe meow of mouth from the other cats. Three cats had shown up over the course of 3 months and a fourth one had come along toward the end of August (near my birthday). She was a young cat, she looked under a year to me. She was dirty, medium haired black and white. She was a little shy but it was apparent that she was used to people.

Turns out she was also pregnant. So, my dad ends up calling this particular kitty "Sweetheart" because she is very affectionate. Then, one fine day in September, she waltzes right into their home (much to my mom's dismay, and the 2 resident cats) to have her two kittens (one passed.)

I'd been spending a lot of time out there so I was sort of falling for her....And then got conned into taking her and her single kitten home. The real clincher to the deal was the fact that my two year old toddled over and stuck her head in the box with the kitty and her kitten and the cat didn't attack her. Quite the contrary, she meowed and purred. Okay, so off I went with a new cat and kitten.

Muirnin, as I chose to call her, is a very big sweetheart. She has never hissed, growled, bitten or scratched my now three year old or me. No matter how much she pokes at her. (My daughter would never hurt Muirnin, but she apparently finds great delight in poking the cat's back foot to watch it twitch.) When Muirnin is done with her, she just climbs up the 6 ft cat tree. I'm not sorry I caved in and took her home. I call her my velcro kitty. (The kitten is another story. )
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Tom Cat

great story! i love stories of rescues

Christine
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Kitten

hi! Welcome to the forum! =) Good luck getting your questions answered. ^-^
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Cool Cat

Welcome to the forum! Those kitty names sound like a book I've been reading!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page