Just introducing myself...owner of 2 kiddies - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Just introducing myself...owner of 2 kiddies

or is that kitties? Well, they are my kids.

I have two cats I adopted after they were rescued from a kill shelter. The eldest is Ozzie. He is about 5 1/2 years old. He is black and has long hair. He was born outside and was real wild at first. Now he is my "soul mate".

I adopted the 2nd one the day after Thanksgiving of 2010. They said she was about 5 1/2 to 6 months old at the time. Her name is Serafina. She is blue and white. That is what her adoption papers say but I would say it is kind of a slate blue/gray.

Serafina has medium to long hair.

I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago, divorced twice, and never though I'd be "one of those cat people". That is only because I wasn't familiar with cats. I've had plenty of dogs, a horse, cows, guinea pigs, rabbits, etc.

My brothers are highly allergic to cats, and my 1st ex didn't like them; which is why I never had one until I was in my mid 30's.

Hello to everyone here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Cat

Welcome to the boards. Thank you for giving a good home to your cats. They were once on death row and now they're living it up, right?

We have a lot of people around here who really know a lot about cats. If you have any questions just post them and you'll get some good advice.

See you around!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Cat Addict

Hi and welcome to the forum! Looking forward to pictures of your kitties! I'm from Chicago too. I think I might know what shelter are you talking about...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Cool Cat

Welcome to the forum!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Cat

WELCOME!! and yes, we NEED to see pictures of your kiddies.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Tom Cat

Welcome to the forum and I 2nd this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby169 View Post
WELCOME!! and yes, we NEED to see pictures of your kiddies.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Kitten

Hello! I really like your cat's names!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you, everyone, for your welcomes!

I'll have to read up on how to post photos of my cats. I tried to post an avatar but it wouldn't let me.

Ozzie's original name was Flash, which was a temporary one they gave him. I had a long list of names I was trying out on him and none of them fit it just right.

Then I was watching a White Sox game as they are my favorite baseball team. (konstargirl - I hope you're not a Cubs fan! ) My brother was at the game and had real good seats and I was trying to watch the game and see if I could see my brother and "Flash" got in the way. The last thing I saw was the Sox manager, Ozzie Guillen, in the dugout, so it just came out of my mouth: "Ozzie, move!" It stuck.

Not only that but it gave me a birth date. They figured he was born the latter part of Oct. of 2005 and since the White Sox won the World Series on 10/26/2005 at 11:01pm; I decided to give him that birth date.

Serafina was the name the little one was given and I loved it, so I kept it.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
Hi and welcome to the forum! Looking forward to pictures of your kitties! I'm from Chicago too. I think I might know what shelter are you talking about...
Hello konstargirl! Actually an organization called STAAR (Second Time Around Animal Rescue) got my cats from a kill shelter and put them up for adoption at a PetSmart. That is where I got both of my kitties.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

I am SOOO sorry. I didn't mean to put "owner"....

in the title of my first post.

I have no idea what I was thinking. I correct others when they use that type of terminology. I meant to say "Mother".

Anyhow, I posted something here a while ago and don't see it so I'll try again.
------------
Thank you, everyone, for your welcomes!

I'll have to read up on how to post photos of my cats. I tried to post an avatar but it wouldn't let me. It kept asking for a URL. I want to upload photos from my computer's hard drive, not from a site. Same thing with the signature. What am I missing?

Ozzie's original name was Flash, which was a temporary one they gave him. I had a long list of names I was trying out on him and none of them fit him just right.

Then I was watching a White Sox game as they are my favorite baseball team. (konstargirl - I hope you're not a Cubs fan! ) My brother was at the game and had real good seats and I was trying to watch the game and see if I could see my brother and "Flash" got in the way. The last thing I saw was the Sox manager, Ozzie Guillen, in the dugout, so it just came out of my mouth: "Ozzie, move!" It stuck.

Not only that but it gave me a birth date. They figured he was born the latter part of Oct. of 2005 and since the White Sox won the World Series on 10/26/2005 at 11:01pm; I decided to give him that birth date.

Serafina was the name the little one was given and I loved it, so I kept it.

Geez......I messed up again. I swear I didn't see my posts there before. Now that I just posted this (am I am adding this on, it shows up. Sorry!!!!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page