I am scared my cats will suffer - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

I am scared my cats will suffer

I am travelling back home from Thailand to Europe.. it is necessary for my 2 young cats. 1 is a year old and the other is 6 months old... to be kept in boarding for 1 month before they travel.. I have to leave Thailand a month before them,,, they can't leave because of the blood test time limit... this cannot be avoided. I am worried they will become depressed being in a cage for so long at the clinic who is looking after them and sending them on for me........ let alone the plane journey.. Thailand - Bangkok, change planes then onto Madrid.... I am so worried what this will do to them emotionally!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Cat

Is there anyone in Thailand you know that would be willing to look after them for a while? I can understand why you'd be nervous about leaving them to be boarded that long. Talk to the people you are boarding with. Do they play with the cats? Let them run around? If it sounds like they aren't in the cages as much as you fear maybe you'll feel better about what you have to do.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Cat

I know how you feel but I think cats adjust pretty quickly. As long as you trust the clinic where they'll be staying, try not to worry. I've had to board a cat for several weeks and then fly her across country and she was OK, though she did get rather fat at the kennel! I also have a friend who moved to Europe from the US and her cats had to stay in quarantine for a loooong time, and they were fine. I think it's great that you are making the effort to keep your kitties with you, a lot of people wouldn't bother.

"I love cats because I enjoy my home and, little by little, they become its visible soul."--Jean Cocteau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page