Hello from six kitties in New Mexico! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 03:06 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello from six kitties in New Mexico!

Hello to everyone!

My name is Jessica, and I am from Clovis, New Mexico. I am 24 years-old and am engaged to be married this year. But enough about me... let's talk about the kitties.

My family is owned by a total of six cats and one lovebird. (Poor bird! Ha!) We have had Angel and Misty since 2003. Angel was abused and neglected. She was forced to live outside, and the way she was treated made her develop a "bad temper," if you will. She was sent to the pound, not once, but twice. When she was sent to the pound for the second time, she was supposed to be killed (I think euthanized and "put to sleep" aren't the correct terms for murdering totally adoptable animals). Luckily for her, a baby kitten (Misty) was also at the pound who needed to be nursed. The poor kitten had suffered terrible abuse at the hands of humans as well. She was almost drowned in a pool. Since Angel had recently had kittens and was lactating, the shelter workers wondered if she would adopt the orphaned kitten. Angel willingly accepted the kitten. Within the next few days, a local dog groomer went to the pound and saw Angel. She decided to take both Angel and Misty and find them a loving home. My family adopted both of the kitties.

Then, fast forward to last year, 2010. My mom and dad swore up and down that we would only have two cats... no more. Well, my fiancé, Trevor, is a police officer, and he received a call one night to respond to a hotel that had found three kittens while doing some remodeling to the building. When he arrived, he tried to convince the hotel manager to leave the kitten close to the area that they were found and that the mother would find them and come take care of them. The hotel manager, however, didn't want the small, helpless three-week-old kittens remaining on the property and stated that if they were not taken, immediately, he would "dispose" of them. Trevor knew that the only place that would take the kittens was the local animal shelter, BUT... he also knew that if the kittens were taken there, they would be "put down" as soon as they arrived since they required being bottle-fed. Trevor didn't have the heart to allow that to happen, so he brought them to my house at 1 AM. Originally, the plan was to keep them until we found them homes. Buuuttt... when you bottle-feed three tiny, adorable baby boy kitties, you kind of get attached. Eventually, my parents decided to keep all three of the kitties and expand out little family to include Tuxedo, Cricket, and Scout.

Finally, in April, a lady that we know who lives on a farm told us that a mother cat had abandoned a week-old kitten on her property. She tried to get the mother to take the kitten back, but the mother is feral and wouldn't come around the house to get her kitten. Unfortunately, the lady didn't want to be persistent in trying to reunite the mother and kitten and decided to take the kitten into her home and try to raise. However, she has three small children, and she couldn't be diligent about getting up ever half-hour to feed the baby. So... she called my family. This time, my parents didn't hesitate. We went out the next day and picked up the sweet baby girl. She is, now, five weeks old and is spunky as ever. We have, yet, to name her because all of the family disagrees what she should be called. Ha!

So... there you have it. A long story about our little kitty family. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by marie73; 05-20-2011 at 03:23 AM. Reason: font
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome!

Can't wait to see pictures!

(Trevor sounds like a keeper!)

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 06:53 AM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to Natalie Jayne
Welcome, lovly the way you and ur family have rescued your kitties!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Cat

Welcome and thanks for sharing your lovely story. People like you, Trevor and your Mom and Dad are what make the world go 'round!

"I love cats because I enjoy my home and, little by little, they become its visible soul."--Jean Cocteau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page