New here. Joining with an issue - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

New here. Joining with an issue

Posting on behalf of my fiance and myself. From Las Vegas. We have 2 cats. Both males. One is a bengal (4 mo) and one is supposedly a norwegian forest cat (1yr)

As you can see in the picture, they get along great, and are together nearly all the time.

Well yesterday the bengal (Mogli) went to the vet to be fixed. Came home this morning. Found out he had ear mites, addressed that issue, and immediately took the older cat (Goober) in as well. After bringing Goober back home from the vet, he is very hostile towards Mogli. Yet they were fine yesterday. Is it because Mogli came home with a strange scent on him? And will they return to their loving relationship.

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the long post. If it is inappropriate in this section, I will follow the forum rules and make a post elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome!

Sweet picture!

Yes, it's because they smell different. Most cats get over this in a day or two, a few take a little longer. You could take a towel and rub it on each cat a few times so they smell the same, or put a drop of vanilla on the backs of their necks and do the towel trick.

You could try giving them treats together and see how that goes.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 02:05 AM
Cat

Welcome, I hope they get back to hugging again soon.

We will never forget you Kitty. Welcome home Angel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you for the welcome. Before this post was even approved i'm sure, they were already back to cuddling again. Lol!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

That doesn't get you out of posting more pictures.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

A few more pics

Goober in the lunch box

now it's his turn

And this is probably the best pic of them.
We had only had Mogli for a week or two if that. They started getting along as soon as we brought him home. in this pic, it looks like he's giving him a rundown of the house rules lmao

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Kitten

The last one is hilarious! Definitely look like they're gonna be best friends.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 12:54 AM
Senior Cat

The last pic made me "awe" out loud. I am getting a kitten in a few months, and my cat Banjo(who looks very much like goober) is about 9 months old now. I think the kitten will be a male as well, so my siituation will be just like yours, I just hope they get along that well! Did you do any kind of special introduction initially or did you just put them together?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Kitten

Pine needles

I rubbed crushed pine needles all over my guys when one came back form the vet. That helped quite a bit because it was so fragrant. Of course now I've moved to an area where I have yet to see a pine needle...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Kitten

aww,how nice to goober to extend his furry litttle arms for mogli they're precious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page