First time kitten owner, previous cat owner looking for some community - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

First time kitten owner, previous cat owner looking for some community

Hi out there in catforum land! My husband and I adopted two kittens on a kitten season special with a local rescue group and since I have never owned a kitten before and its been over 20 years since he has dealt with one I decided it might be worthwhile checking into a community where we might turn to get help should the need arise. Our kitties are approximately 10 and 12 weeks old, both girls, and so far we are really enjoying the kitten experience, I have a few early questions which I will direct at the proper forum when I'm allowed. I'm feeling a bit nervous about raising kittens since as I mentioned, the only cat I've really had on my own was about a year when I got him and he came to me perfect, and he left me perfect but far too soon due to his defective plumbing system (flutd) and a lot of heartbreak and bad timing. It took me over a year to decide the time was right, and I'm terribly worried that I'm going to wind up with cats who hate us despite that we made an effort to be choosy with the kittens we picked. Regardless of the future, they are both love bugs and very personable at the moment and we are looking forward to the challenge, and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you out there as well!
Cheers!
~K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Cool Cat

Congrats on your new family additions! Don't worry too much, your kittens will love you back and you will have many, many happy years together

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Premier Cat

Welcome to CF. So sorry to hear about the death of your adult cat. It sounds hearttbreaking. Im please to hear you opened your heart to two rescue kittens. You came to the right place. We are passionate obout our kitty companions.

Im reading a good book on cats called Starting From Scratch, by Pam JohnsonBennett. She is a great resource to learn about cat behavior. I'm looking forward of seeing pictures of your newest add[itions.

Last edited by Mitts & Tess; 06-20-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Premier Cat

My phone is giving me trouble and wouldnt let me edit. Sorry.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

'sok, here are the girlies
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1together.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	4540  

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

also, I posted the mandatory 3 posts in here, including the rules one, and they're all approved and visible, but I still can't post in the regular forum, how long will it take to get that approval? I have a behavior question thats not urgent but I don't feel I should be mucking up the intro section with.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Problem is on your end. Try hitting F5 on your keyboard to refresh your settings.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Kitten

I truly think that cats can sense the personality of their owner. Me and my other half are very... unorthodox... and our kitten is growing up to be a right weirdo. If you love them, they'll love you. Simples!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Kitten

Welcome!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Kitten

Welcome. I'm from Delaware originally too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page