Hi catforum folks - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Hi catforum folks

I am a lifelong cat lover, of both pedigreed and moggy cats and have had cats from many sources, breeders, shelters, rescue & found.

I'm especially a long-time Siamese fancier. (and also like the other breeds that come from the native breeds of Thailand )
Right now I have 2 neutered male cats, both pedigreed Siamese of the original more moderate kind with "foreign" body type, as opposed to the body type seen in the modern style "oriental type" of the modern style meezers, (which I also like.) Both of these boys are dual registered as "Thai" in TICA and have been shown to help promote the breed.

Sam is a 3 yr old blue point neuter who is vain, cocky and an absolute toy destroying monster. He is very vocal and "sings" all different sorts of melodies. Sammy is just a real character.

Chatri is a 1 year old lilac point neuter who I think may in some way always have a sort of kittenish cuteness about him. He likes to jump to my shoulder (sometimes giving me quite a surprise), and has a habit of jumping to a shelf and cocking his head over sideways at you in an appealing way... and sometimes he then keeps tilting it farther and farther until he falls over. (He is kind of a silly boy...and very sweet.)

A few months ago I had to have my ca. 15 year old seal point Siamese mix / pointed moggy Louis euthanized due to cancer.. I had adopted him from Siamese Rescue when he was about 2 yrs old, in 1999. He was an amazing cat, scary smart. supremely confident and a loyal friend. In the last 6 years of his life he had multiple health problems - diabetes, pancreatitis, inflammatory bowel disease... and ended up hospitalized a few times but always had pulled through. Because of Louis I learned a lot about feline nutrition and about some of the health issues he had and we were mostly able to manage them. But when he got lymphoma, neither my love and care, nor the skill of his vets nor his own fierce will to live could save him this time. I'm still very much missing my Louis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Nan
Cool Cat

Hi! Sorry to hear about your sweet Louis! Many of us know the same heartache, unfortunately.

Looking forward to hearing about Sam and Chatri!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thanks Nan.
Yes that's the heartache that comes with loving these creatures whose lives are shorter than our own. I still can't talk about Louis without crying.

But these young hooligan meezers do give me a lot of laughs too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Kitten

I'd love to see photos of your cats. Having been "meezer-less" for 6 years, I look forward to getting my new (modern type) kitten!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

cat pix

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmicwhimsy View Post
I'd love to see photos of your cats. Having been "meezer-less" for 6 years, I look forward to getting my new (modern type) kitten!
How sad to be meezerless for 6 years, but how fun to be looking forward to a new little slinky kitten.

OK here are my cats.
Here is Sam ( RW SGCA DiaBrillante Uncle Sam )

and another view

Short video if you want to get a better idea of his "foreign body type"
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

And Chatri (CHA Stonearch Chatri)

And Sammy with his buddy and mine, my beloved "Sia-moggy" Louis Quatorze (RIP)
When Louis died Sammy lay for 2 days in the carrier where Louis had often been lying. Very unusual for the extremely social Sammy. it was like he was holding his own vigil.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Kitten

Showing Cats

Hi there,
your cats are very beautiful and handsome. I'm wondering, what kind of training does it take to show cats? My cats are not pure bred (two were rescues found in a field near my home, and the other was a friend's cat who could no longer care for him). However, it would be interesting to know the logistics (and training?) that go into cat showing.
My partner and I have two great danes, and one is a young pup show prospect. It would be interesting to compare the different show experiences.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Premier Cat

We bear greetings to the royal family of Siam.

And h,i Maewkaw!
Seriously,about Sam. The key is to find a toy he LOVES. My orange boy,Percy was destructive,too. UNTIL a friend brought back a little stuffed platypus from Australia. He adored it. It became his baby. I called it Dinkum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page