havaheart trap help! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Cat

havaheart trap help!

Hello, I have been feeding a feral cat for about 7 months, all through the winter last year. I started feeding her after watching her for about 6 weeks, she was eating bird food! We made her a nice outside house, and she stayed around all winter, sometimes sitting outside with snow falling on her. I would like to bring her in this fall (probably about 4 - 5 weeks). I can now sit about 4 feet from her and talk to her. She will roll around on the ground as I talk. She also comes whenever I call her. What would be the best way to entice her into the trap? I feed her on a regular basis, so she is not overly hungry. We are in the process of making a nice room for her, losts on cat trees, toys, until my other cat begins to accept her and vice versa. Sometimes I get depressed, thinking it will be very hard to do, other times when I watch her come running it fills me with hope. Any advice will be appreciated. I so want this to work out!!!
Sally
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Kitten

I think it's wonderful that you want to help this kitty. I wonder if she is truly feral. It kind of sounds like she might not be because she will come to you (even if not all the way). If she's not completely feral, then taming her and bringing her inside will be easier. If she is truly feral, then trap-neuter-return would probably be the best thing you could do for kitty, besides continuing to provide food and shelter, of course. Alley Cat Allies has all kinds of great information on their website.

This page has information on how to trap your kitty. (It's more geared to trapping multiple cats in a colony, but the information should still be helpful to you.

Here's some about how to really tell the difference between a feral and a stray.

This provides some advice on how to socialize and help a scared stray.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you for your response!

I don't know if she is truly feral, I do not that she is a female and is spayed already because of the ear tip. So who ever had her before, probably trapped her and had her spayed. She does come when I call, tail up, seems relaxed, until about 4 ft from me. Then she will stop, and rub her head on anything, and roll on the ground. She looks like she really wants that affection and trust. I do think I will have to trap her to get her in though. I am hoping this works out, I have been worrying about her for almost a year, spent half the winter crying watching her out in 11 degree weather. I also have another cat, and am worried about him when I do get to bring her in. I have a separate room for her, with a screen door on one side, and plexi glass on another that I am making for her. Please pray that this work out!!!!
Sally
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Cat

Good luck! Keep us posted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page