Hello - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello

I was a proud owner of four cats, 2 persians and two calicos. One calico, orange and white color who was 7 years old died a week ago from a tumor cancer. We brought in a stray cat in two weeks ago (number five cat at that time) and now she is sick. I live in detroit area and work at GM. I just join the forum to get other members opinion about cats sickness and treatment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

how far do you go to save your cat

I have an issue with how much money to spend to save any of my four remaining cats. One of my cats, Nanook, had to put to sleep because her test and x-ray showed she had a big lump in her. That cost us $600. Vet told us she had to do urtra sound and biopsy to know for sure if it is cancer and two nights in hospital, IV, ER and will cost $3000 before she will be treated. Me and mywife decided not to do it and ask the vet to put her to sleep. it was a sad day, she was only 7 years old and we just could not justify the high cost. So, I was wondering what would you do if you were in our shoes.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome!

When my Cinderella got sick, I spent my last dollars trying to diagnose, treat and save her (I wasn't working and had no income). It ended up that she was terminal, but I don't regret spending the money. I would have always regretting not trying. But it's a decision everyone has to make themselves.

Quote:
One calico, orange and white color who was 7 years old died a week ago from a tumor cancer.
You really don't know that, though, since you didn't run the tests.

Quote:
So, I was wondering what would you do if you were in our shoes.
I certainly wouldn't take in another cat, especially a stray, who could not only have something wrong with her, but could also expose your other cats to illness and/or diseases, when your finances are limited for vet care.

I was wondering, though, would you have spent the money for the vet if it was one of your persian cats who got sick?

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page