Greetings from Texas! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Greetings from Texas!

I've been reading this forum off and on over the past week.

I am a volunteer and foster with my local humane society and got my first bottle baby last week and have been going insane with worry about her!

I have two of my own and normally only foster juveniles or adults but I'm off for the summer and our normal person who takes babies had work conflicts and wasn't going to be able to care for her. That left me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Jr. Cat

Thank you so much for fostering, especially a bottle baby. I adopted two black kitties just over six months ago. They are now 11 and 14 months old. They were both bottle babies and are super well socialized. The older one was about 4 weeks and the younger one was about 2 weeks old when they were rescued from animal control by Austin Pets Alive.

The older cat was one of a litter of four black kittens. They were that foster moms first experience with bottle babies. "Ximena", her shelter name (I've kept it) was the last one to be adopted. Her foster mom was SO happy.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

It has been quite an experience. She has had a lot of problems but is such a sweetheart!

Fostering has been the most rewarding experience for me but this bottle baby has by far been the hardest thing I've ever done; fostering or otherwise!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Kitten

Fostering cats is such a noble thing. Thank you for taking care of kitties when others won't! I have several friends who do this, and I don't know how! I'm instantly attached to kittens when I see them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page