Mum of 2 beautiful black cats - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Mum of 2 beautiful black cats

I have always been a cat lover, I was brought up with many cats and have had several as an adult. At present I have Eric who is 3 in November and Reginald who was 1 in March. Eric is a semi long haired black cat who has what looks like one white toe lol and Reggie is half Bengal with a cry that is a giveaway of his parentage!! He is small but has a very distinctive strut! My boys are my babies, Reggie enjoys being mollycoddled but unfortunately Eric doesnt so much!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Question Fighting!!

My boys (Eric 2 and Reggie 1) have both been neutered, Eric when he was approx 12months and Reggie when he was 5 months. Eric has always had a funny temperament on him, not the friendliest cat around but surprisingly enough wasnt really vicious with Reg when he arrived. Over the last few weeks Erics behaviour seems to have changed. Previously they would play fight and you may hear a squeak out of one of them and the fight would be over but over the last couple of weeks they have had severe fights with lots of screaching, fur everywhere and Reggie definetly coming worse off with several injurys. Ive been woken up in the night by Eric fighting in the street with other cats so Im pretty sure he is the instigator, Reggie is the most gentle and placid cat around. To add to this also in the last 2 weeks Eric woke me up in the night having shall we say 'sexual congress' all around my bedroom with a teddy bear. As much as I can laugh about this it seems like it may be linked? Its like Eric is having a huge rush of hormones or something?? Eric has never brought me a present EVER and also he is a very quiet cat who will use eye contact rather than noise to get what he wants and yet early hours this morning I was awoke AGAIN by Eric crying on the front so I went down to open the door and he came in and dropped a live mouse and started playing with it. All very out of character for him. Any advice????
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Premier Cat

Sounds like a clash of personalities. Reggie likes things JUST SO,Eric is more adventurous. So While Reggie seeks stability,Eric is always pushing the boundaries! Good choice of names btw,a viking explorer, and a little king-of-the house! Are they CONSTANTLY fighting,or is there the occasional cease-fire?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Its occasionally, it just seemed to get more regular, but to be honest, since I posted this they haven't had another fight! typical! Cats are like children, always making their parents out as liars lol!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page