New and need help - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

New and need help

Hey My name is Devin.. I have to maine coons that I love them a lot but one of them... oh his fur is driving me a little nuts.. I made video cause its hard for me to explain.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome!

It's obvious how much you love your cats, and they're both beautiful.

Rather than buying yet another grooming product, I would suggest you find a groomer that will take cats and get him a lion cut. As docile as he is, I don't believe he would need to be medicated. I can hold my cats while the groomer shaves them.

Then you can go from there. As much as he likes getting brushed, you should be able to keep the matts under control for the most part. Cinderella could get a matt 10 minutes after being groomed, drove me nuts! You're absolutely correct, he is in pain and needs help asap. Do you have a vet that could recommend someone? My vet has a groomer on staff, maybe they could give you a break on the cost.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Senior Cat

Welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry about your boy, I saw the whole video. You're such a caring dad for these kitties. What a huge mat!
I can't offer you any help or advice, just what Marie says that sounds like the only option now: lion cut and start from there. It doesn't seem there's anything you can do about that huge mat with the brushes, least of all trying to cut it yourself that could be really really dangerous.

Good luck and the best of wishes for you and your kitties!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Cat

I can only agree with what Marie 73 has said. Perhaps they might do at at the vets for you as it affecting the health of the cat? Perhaps they can also give advice about how to prevent it in future.

The cats are truly lovely and you obviously love them so much.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Cat

I agree with all. Try your vet. They will likely help you out and not charge you and arm n' leg for the sake of his health.

Your coonies are absolutely beautiful. Good luck!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Kitten

Hope you've found a solution..

I'm coming in late tot this thread, so I hope you have already found a solution to your cats issue. I have a orange long hair tabby who gets small ones on his belly and in his leg pits too. Brushing him doesn't keep them away either; thinking of a shave job. Not crazy about the lion cut, looking for a "short hair" look.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page