First time poster but owner of a cat since 1997. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

First time poster but owner of a cat since 1997.

My cat Friskie who'm I have had since grade 7 pre summer has gone missing. She was a less than year old cat that was not treated well at home so she kept escaping to our place until we finally had to take her in. She was VERY, VERY healthy, strong and fun until the summer of 2009 I believe. She lost a ton of weight and was diagnosed with kidney disease. We gave her medicine, treated her with IV whenever it was needed. More so lately than ever. More so in the summers though.

She has changed her ways a bit lately, I don't know if she thinks her time is coming or what. Anyway, 2 days ago my dad let her out and she usually sits around the yard maybe onto the field behind the house. But she vanished. For about 8 hours at least, which is pretty significant for her lately.

Today, however the same thing happened except it is now 11:30 pm and she's no where. I thought she may come out in the evening or at night or maybe I'd see her eyes with a flash light. No sign. Deep down I feel that this is it.

In the summer she usually lays in one spot on grass or under tree and if I see her dehydrated I bring her in cause she barely moves and then IV and bang good to go. My fear is she traveled so far off she laid and it was soooo hot today that she just can't make it back. I told my dad after 2 days ago not to let her out until it cools down and we get her fixed up... Unfortunately he didn't listen. It's very easy to blame him but he loved her too I know I can't do that.

I feel so hurt right now, it was my first cat and she's been with me most of my life.

I would like to come and may this be what makes me come here and post again. If this is indeed it, and I will keep you posted, then I will not want a cat for a very, very long time. She was the friendliest cat ever.

Last edited by marie73; 09-01-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 02:13 AM
Kitten

I'm so sorry to hear about Friskie missing, you have my strongest wishes that she returns, please keep us updated.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Nan
Cool Cat

I'm sorry to hear she is missing. Keep looking; she may be hiding under a bush somewhere. Unfortunately, cats don't seem to come when we call them, as you probably already know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Well it's been 24 hours and still no sign. I checked 2 more times last night I did a scan at sunrise and whats weird was as soon as I stepped outside it started to rain

I have a general idea which direction she has gone but there is so much wooded area and she's lost so much weight she can be anywhere. Usually she just lays under a tree around here when she's sick and I bring her in give mer medicine IV and in 4 hours shes good as news but not this time.

It's not the fact that she ran away that worried me it's the stupid kidney disease that did.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Kitten

I am so sorry, to hear about your kitty, the only thing i can suggest is maybe shaking her treat bag when you go out and look for her. Im sure she is trying to find her way back to you so keep looking! Good luck
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Kitten

Sorry to hear, best of luck.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Cat Addict

Terrible time for you. My thoughts are with you.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I wouldn't be stretching to say this is the worst I have ever felt
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 05:11 AM
Senior Cat

Is she microchipped or collared/IDed?

Have you asked any neighbors in the vicinity if they've seen her?

Have you tried leaving some nice stinky food (like a can of tuna) outside to see if you can lure her home?

You might even consider renting a humane cat trap and baiting it and setting it out for her. Since she is an ill cat and needs treatment, it's not fair to assume that she went off just because it "might" be "her time".

While I've heard plenty of stories of cats wandering off to die, there have also been plenty more of cats wanting to be close to their beloved owners in the final hours.

I hope you find her soon and that she is still with us on this earth :} Perhaps she felt confined and just needed a good jaunt as an "outdoor" kitty for a while.

When it is her time, don't count out another cat so easily ;} A life that had an animal in it suddenly seems very empty without one. You may think you need to mourn Friskie alone and "honor" her by not getting another cat to "replace" her, but by giving a new cat or kitten a home, you might be saving their life and honoring the lost pet in a much better way.

Please keep us updated, and know we're here for you :}

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

She's still not found I've tried everything. The problem is I think she went into a heavily wooded area with a lot of bushes. The neighbors are all looking out.I even went back to her original house to see if she went there.

This is really unfortunate and if she was waiting for me to come take her home then it's very heart breaking. I hope she really wasn't suffering... I hope she is not in pain I can't stand wondering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page