Hello - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello

Hello all. Obviously, I'm new to this forum. However, I've been working with cats for several months in local shelters, and owned them when I was younger. I haven't had a cat in my home for a while--then the other day I "adopted" a pregnant stray a friend of mine found. My friend found her about a week ago, three days later, she had kittens, and four days after that, I brought her home from my friend's house.

Now for my cat:
I joined this forum just to get the experience of people who may know cats, because this cat has totally flipped my conception of felines upside down. Driving home, she and her kittens were in a plastic box, and she stayed calmly with them the entire 40 minute car ride. When we got home, I put the box in my room and turned out the lights, leaving them in the room (pre-prepped with cat essentials) alone for about an hour. I then went in to check on her, and as soon as I open the door she leaps out of the plastic box. I quickly shut the door behind me so she couldn't escape. But all she wanted to do was greet me. When I sat on my bed, she jumped up and bumped me with her head, and then laid down next to me. I put her back with her kittens after a few moments of petting, but she left them again to jump back up on the bed with me. After I spent about ten minutes petting her I put her back with her kittens and she stayed with them for about ten to fifteen minutes, then jumped on the bed, rubbed against me, then proceeded to explore the room, which she is still doing right now. Fearlessly. I've never known a cat to act like this, and while exceptionally endearing, I do find it a little strange, and I hope nothing is wrong with her. I will say that she seems very, very young. She is very small, and still has that sweet, kitten-ish face and a beautiful grey marbled tabby coat with brown highlights, and white paws. She is so curious, she is walking on my laptop as I type. I am falling in love with her, and I intend to keep her and find a home for her three kittens.

I really look forward to getting to know fellow cat-lovers on the forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

SonicEgg Bark Control Device on cats

Has anyone used the Sonic Egg™ Bark Control Device on cats?

What has been your experience?

Just curious.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Kitten

Send a message via Skype™ to tiggerlove
Hi im also new here to the forums.
Ive never really experienced that with a cat before. My guess would be she could be grateful you took her and her babies in Im sure nothing is wrong with her.
Hope you find wonderful home for the lil babies!

As for the Sonic Egg Bark Control Device, I haven't used it on cats before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Nan
Cool Cat

Aww, it's nice to get adopted by a cat!

I have no clue what the sonic egg thing is for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat182 View Post
Has anyone used the Sonic Egg™ Bark Control Device on cats?
Nope. When my cats start barking, it's usually a sign I've had a bit too much Baileys.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page