Kitten poo problem. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Kitten poo problem.

Advice please!

I have two lovely short-haired kittens aged 12 weeks (Hedgehog and Jenny) and I am completely new to pet ownership. I was advised to give them their own peaceful room for the first few weeks, and not to allow them free access to the house, which I have done. However I have been dismayed to discover that they are not the clean animals I was expecting, and that although they are very well trained, they get poo all over their bottoms and I find it smeared over the furniture and floor.

Is this typical of kittens? Is this something that I can expect to improve as they grow older, or will I just have to get used to it?

I would be really grateful for advice - I am finding the situation upsetting, and feel that I cannot enjoy my beautiful kittens properly.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Senior Cat

This is going to sound gross, but what is the consistency of their poo? If it's too soft, it's normal that it's getting on their rears but is something that you should see the vet for, to treat the diarrhea and whatever is causing it. If the poo is solid, I don't think it should be all over them?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

At their age, they're going to get it stuck on their butts and step in it, so you really have to watch them using the litter box. Keep some unscented baby wipes handy, they're at the age where they should start grooming themselves better, but they do need time.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 01:15 AM
Cool Cat

Babies are gross.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Kitten

Exclamation

yyyy yuck wipe their butts off with a paper towel yyyyyy yuck
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Kitten

Talking

[QUOTE=minikin44;870256]This is going to sound gross, but what is the consistency of their poo? If it's too soft, it's normal that it's getting on their rears but is something that you should see the vet for, to treat the diarrhea and whatever is causing it. If the poo is solid, I don't think it should be all over them? by-minikin44
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page