Hi guys! Newbie from Poland :) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Red face Hi guys! Newbie from Poland :)

Hello everyone,
I've just recently stumbled upon this forum and am overjoyed and excited to be a part of it. I think that the advice and support here will help me and my cat get along . I don't have a cat yet, but me and my boyfirend will take one (or two? ) soon -in 1 or 2 weeks. At my boyfriend's parents' home they something like a barn and a wild cat gave birth there. Since then I'm in love with these 5 darlings. I've been visiting them for quite some time now, since they were around 2-3 weeks. I've done my research and know what equipment to buy, which food is good and so on, but I'm so willing to learn more to provide the best I can for the kitty, that's why I'm here. One of them actually jumped on my lap when I was sitting nearby them and I just cried, it was so beautiful and cute.

One more thing - I'm not a native English speaker, so sorry for my mistakes! I don't know the vocabulary for the equipment and other things regarding cats, but I will try to learn it fast.

Thank you for reading!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome!

How exciting for you! I can't wait to see pictures of the kitten(s) you decide to adopt.

I find it hard to believe English isn't your native language, your posts are great.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Tom Cat

welcome!

like Marie said, your English is just fine -- much better than some who did learn English as their first language (ahem, texting teenagers)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Premier Cat

Welcome to the Forum!

Holly and Murphy
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Kitten

Welcome!

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Cat

Welcome!! This is a great forum!! Can't wait to see the pics of your furbabies!!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Jr. Cat

Your english is great! I get texts from people my age (27) who are native english speakers that are just impossible to decipher

you seem really eager to learn so I'm sure your new baby cats will be very happy. I've always heard it said, "if you're worried you're going to be a bad (uninformed) parent then you obviously care enough to not be a bad parent" or something like that...(that was paraphrased)

you'll learn a lot here!!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Jr. Cat

Welcome to the forum! I'm actually 1/8 Polish myself but don't speak the language unfortunately. I plan to learn someday, though.

Hope to see you around and can't wait to see who you bring home!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Premier Cat

Czesc! Welcome to CF! Well,here's some cat stuff terminology:

LITTER BOX: Cat latrine filled with CAT LITTER or similar substance

CAT LITTER:a granulated substance,sometimes made from clay,in which kitty buries waste.

FLEA DROPS:a liquid adminstered monthly in small doses to kill and deter,fleas. Popular U.S. brands include FRONTLINE

KIBBLE:U.S.,U.K.? term for dry cat food.

GROOMER:a professional who washes,brushes,untangles your pet. SOME specialize in specific animals-like cats!

KITTOH:slang for cat/kitten,widely used on the KEWL sie,Catforum!

FURKID:pet

SKINKID:human offspring

Hope this helps! As you hang around CF,these and other terms will become more familiar to you!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you for such a warm welcome! I have some clips of the kittens now that they're still with their mother (mother runs away when I come into the barn), but I think I will post them with the actual photos of the furkid I decide to take - in another thread.

Thank you bluemilk for taking your time and writting down some of the vocabulary. Like you said, just reading some of the threads and post is already learning for me - when I don't understand something, the dictionary is my friend .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page