Just an Introduction - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Just an Introduction

Hello everyone!

This is my first real post here, (besides the obligatory " have read the rules and will abide by them" post of course) and I'm basically just looking for a knowledgeable group of people that I can rely on when I need to.

5 days ago, I picked up a little feral kitten from a cat colony at my apartment complex. I've taken him to the vet once already and he's about 4 months old and has actually been spayed and released thanks to an organization in the area that manages this cat colony. So far he's been doing ok. I have him in the bathroom since he has ear mites and can't be around the my roommate's cat until those mites are gone. The bathroom isn't too small though and he has a nice window to sit under and everything! He's currently doing alright so far. He will tolerate pets on his cheeks and chin for short amount of time but still consistently greets me by hissing. He's a work in progress! Hopefully I can get lot's of advice or just kind words from those of you who post here. It's a much harder process than I expected and I can't help but sometimes feel that he was happier outside.

ANYWAYS, I'll post a full description of the domestication progress in the feral cats section of this forum once I can. Then I can get the best guidance. In the meantime, I'll just say hello here and also post a picture of him.

I'm still thinking about names but I'm leaning towards Tiberius the Great or Tibbers for short.

Nice to meet everyone and thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 04:06 AM
Kitten

Welcome mackaroon. Beautiful kitty. I'm going to be taking a feral cat also, now I'm just waiting for it to grow up. I visit the whole bunch often so they get kind od accustomed to me, I give them food and water I don't pet them forcefully, I only pet them if one of them decides to come closer to me, seems to be curious so I gently try to reach to it.
I hope you guys will get along soon!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thanks so much! Yeah, I've done the same thing with a few groups of feral cats, but not the ones here. The one in my post just happened to come right up to me for food the first time so I was hoping it would be easy for him to adjust to indoor life. We'll see if it gets any easier.

Good luck to you with your kitty as well! I'm sure that your time and effort spent sitting near them will pay off during the transition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 04:58 AM
Senior Cat

Welcome!

Hopefully the little guy is young enough to adjust well to indoors life. :}

Maybe he'll decide that the 4 months of life he spent "in the wild" was full of scary things and cold nights, and he'll settle right down.

I'm a fan of sticking with Tiberius - but that's because I'm a Trekkie >;}

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thanks very much Lakotawolf! I'm pretty sure he'll be able to adjust. It's only been 6 days and today he let me hold him in my lap and he has started to purr like mad whenever I pet him. I hope that's good enough for him to be happy inside!

Actually, I haven't seen much Star Trek ahhaha Tiberius was a name that came up in a history class I took and I liked it enough to write it down. I guess I'll have to watch some Star Trek though to earn the rights to use this name ahhahah
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 05:11 AM
Kitten

Hi macaroon, what a gorgeous kitty and wonderful name!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 05:25 AM
Kitten

Awwww! What a cutie pie! =0)

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page