hi new here (help needed) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

hi new here (help needed)

Hi everyone my name is dionne, to put u in the picture my partner found 3 kittens outside his place of work yesterday, so brought one home and the other two were taken home with another employee the mother was no were to be seen we have came to the concusion that it was a stray cat that has give birth out side the kidden is roughly about 5 weeks, she is terrified of us so she has clearly never been around humans so we have her in a cat carrier so she has her own little space without us invading it, but would like some advice on how to get her used to us? Any advice would be more than helpful Xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Tom Cat

Hi Dionne and welcome to the forum. Your kitten is young enough to learn good social behavior. I don't have experience with feral kittens but I hope you will post your questions in the behavior or feral forum and keep us updated. Thank you for giving her a home.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Kitten

I got my cat in a similar situation. Just be nice to the kitty avoid loud noises, no rough play or else the cat might turn out to be aggressive. pet her head gently,or under her chin. give her a soft cover to sleep on, my cat loves cardboard boxes maybe giving her her own little cardboard box to hideout or play in would be nice. a ball of yarn to play with since kittens or young cats tend to be playful. dont be afraid. let her come to you. It takes time for her to open up but eventually your kitty will love you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 02:48 AM
Jr. Cat

She's young so she'll probably take to you quickly, but you could search for how people socialize feral cats. Basically you restrict them to a single room that doesn't have other pets until they are acclimated, and allow other pets to get used to the smell of the new girl through the safety of a door. Allow her to get used to you being her new caregiver by spending time in the room. Don't force yourself on her. Just spend time in the room, and talk to her. If it's just a bathroom it can be a challenge to spend time there, so maybe take in some reading. I put a cover on my toilet so make it comfy to sit on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page