Hello - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

help needed!!! advice!!

my cat is 9 years old. Ive had him since he was born. I really care for him and right now he is sick. I can't take him to the vet because we have other financial things needed to take care of. Personally i would take him to the vet but its my parents money not mine i dont work yet. Symptoms include: walking with head bobbing low, pupils dialated, slight limp or akward walking, and sleeps alot, lays down on side with head resting.
Possible illnesses? : arthritis, diabetes, constipation? kidney failure??
We took him to the vet before and the vet said he has no physical illnesses, she suggested getting him some bloodwork to further investigate but we didnt go through with that.
I have to try to help my cat with home remedys. Please any suggestions? he currently takes pills for arthritis prescribed by the vet and it helped for a while but he recently got sick again. this has only happend twice, and last time it lasted for 3 days. then he was eating and walking normally, but suddenly he got sick again. I dont know what to do. If you think its serious enough to take him to the doctor please say so. Any advice is helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello

my cat is nemo.
he is back and white
he has grey stripes
he has golden stripes on his face
i adopted him
he was born in someones backyard
when it was raining
my mom came home with a kitten
in a little box
he has big hazel almond shaped eyes
he loves catnip and yarn
suprisingly hes very very smart and active
he knows whats right and whats wrong
he survived a house fire
he sleeps next to me on my queen sized bed
hes adorable
hes my bestfriend
but today hes sick
he slept all day, and walks extremely slow
his eyes are dialated, and his head is bowed
keep him in your prayers for me
no kitty should suffer.
I hope he gets better <3
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

You're right, no kitty should suffer. Either take him to a vet for treatment, or relinquish him to a vet so he can get the care he needs.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Kitten

I have to take my kitten for an initial examination. I'm pretty broke working a minimal wage job, rent, and other expenses. But anyways, I was looking online and I found this: Free Initial Pet Health Exam | VCA Animal Hospitals.

I'm new to cat care and I haven't gone yet, but the organization seems pretty legit. And it's better than nothing, I think. Hope there's a hospital near you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page