Saying hello! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Smile Saying hello!

My name is Sara, and I live in Redmond WA. I stumbled upon these forums when I did an internet search looking for opinions of different feline probiotics, as one of my cats has some serious digestive problems. I look forward to participating!

I'm a crazy animal person. I worked for seven years as a veterinary assistant, and then started my own pet sitting and dog walking business, which is what I now do full time. I share my home with two cats and one dog (plus a husband, but I'm less likely to talk about him than the critters.)

My cats are named Benjamin and Timothy.

Ben is 10 years old, and a big grey and white domestic shorthair. I have had him since he was eight weeks old. He has had some urinary tract problems and allergies in the past, but is currently quite healthy. He's an absolute love-- a complete lap cat who will purr non-stop and butt heads with total strangers.

Tim is a 6 year old Siamese mix, and my problem child. I took him home when he wasn't even fully weaned yet-- his mother had been killed by a coyote, he was small and sickly, and he was brought in to the animal hospital where I was working as he wasn't transitioning well to solid food. He wasn't expected to survive, but he made it and I bonded so strongly to him that I decided to adopt him. He has EPI, a condition that is rare in cats but more common in dogs which prevents him from digesting his food as he should. He has had pancreatitis a couple of times, and also has a still unidentified autoimmune condition that sometimes causes his paws to bleed. He is a very smart, active cat and gets into TONS of trouble-- he knows how to open doors and cupboards, and finds his way into the craziest situations. He also never shuts up-- he definitely has the chatty Siamese trait!

So, that's us. Nice to meet you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page