Howdy fellow kitty lovers - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

My name is Steve and I am a native Texan. I am a married father of an 18 year old daughter and two adult sons. I grew up with cats and dogs and so have my kids. Our cats and dogs are all rescues from our local shelter and they live their entire lives with us. Sylvester is our older kitty that is black and white with soft long hair and is 12 years old. He was so friendly and happy that I opened his cage and the lady said he had been there 4 months. They moved him to a top cage because no one was paying him attention. I think he was 1 1/2 yrs when we took him home. Ever since that day i picked him and took him home he has been so attached to me. Only over the last couple years does he pay much attention to my wife if I am not in the room. He follows me to whichever room I am in.

Our cats go outside at night and Sylvester locates me from outside the house even though he cannot see me. He meows a couple times outside whichever room I am in. These past two years he has gotten much more attached and sleeps in our bed on top of the pile of pillows.
My wife

Buster is our 2nd cat and is six years old. Unlike Sylvester, Buster is not a thin cat. He is brown with black down the middle and has a voracious appetite. This kitty is different. We rescued him from the shelter at six weeks. Although I was concerned getting another male cat he is great friends with Sylvester.

From the day we brought him home he reacts to being petted by licking his left arm and makes a suckling sound. My daughter picked him because he was the kitten that was laying with imaginary bugs in his cage. Buster is super friendly outside the house. He follows us when we walk the dogs too. And although large his meow sounds like a small kitten. Also his eyes sometimes look oriental slanted more than most. I am not sure what breeds he is made of but he is quite interesting. I will post pictures once my account is upgraded.

Steve

As I get older I think that after Sylvester passes I will choose the oldest cat I can find in the shelter and take him or her home. You know, the one everyone else passes up because it is old, sick or ugly. That's the next cat I will rescue.

Steve

Last edited by marie73; 01-23-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page