New Member - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Smile New Member

Herro there (= I'm Krissy, I'm 23 and I've just joined the forum. I'm a "born-again" cat lover lolz I'll elaborate...I always loved cats, but had a tragedy with my Cuddles when I was 12, was heartbroken, and never wanted another cat. My fiance and I started dating 5 years ago and he has had his cat for about 8 years now and I immediately became attached to Freddy (aka Fredikins), but I still kept at a distance and didn't want a pet of my own. One day, we took a trip to petsmart to pick up some things for Freddy and I saw the most beautiful kitty I have ever seen. I immediatly fell in love with her. Her paperwork listed some "flaws"...said she was bad with kids and other animals, she was aggresive towards people, ect. He said she had been in the shelter for a year, 2 other families had adopted her and brought her back within a couple of days because of her attitude. But when he brought her out, she was scared, not aggresive. As I was filling out the paperwork to take her home, she jumped into the box and layed down (= I've had her for a little over 2 years now and I can honestly say she is the PERFECT match for me!! I really couldn't have picked a better cat and I'm glad I didn't just go by what other people had said about her. I went with my gut and she has calmed down so much and she's wonderful with kids!! My nieces and nephews will pull on her whiskers and tail and she just flops over and meows lolz Though she does have a problem with some animals :/ I will be posting something about that in the behavior forum whenever I am allowed to do so.

Last edited by doodlebug; 01-30-2013 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Please use the standard forum font.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Nan
Cool Cat

Hi! Looking forward to hearing about your cat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you very much (= I'll be sure to have something up as soon as I can (=

Last edited by marie73; 01-31-2013 at 12:38 AM. Reason: font
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Kitten

Amazing how they pick you sometimes...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 12:21 AM
Jr. Cat

Hi and Welcome! Freddy sure does sound like the purrfect cat for you! I also have a cat named Freddie, he is deaf......
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 01:11 AM
Kitten

I enjoyed your story and it inspired me in my own cat situation.

I too have an affinity for the written off or rejected animals.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguina View Post
Amazing how they pick you sometimes...
Yes...it sure is I think she just needed the right person...and I needed her just as much. We've been perfect for eachother.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine12 View Post
Hi and Welcome! Freddy sure does sound like the purrfect cat for you! I also have a cat named Freddie, he is deaf......
Thanx much (= Well Freddy's my fiances cat, but he did do me a lot of good and helped me open my heart back up to animals (= Awww...I'm sorry about your kitty )= If you don't mind me asking...was he born that way or did something happen to hims??
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Jr. Cat

Hello again.......my Freddie was born deaf and he also has compromised vision. He was born feral and trapped as a kitten. He has a good life though and adores the other cats in the house
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page