Hey hey from TN! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hey hey from TN!

I'm currently living with two roommates in an apartment that doesn't allow any pets. But I'll be getting a new apartment soon (hopefully!) and I'll make sure to get a cat friendly place. Plus no roommates to bother with a littler pan. I plan on adopting an adult cat from a shelter.

I've had 9 cats in my life so far. The first two were barn cats given to my dad by a co-worker whose cat had a litter. Ying(m, gray tabby) and Yang(f, black/white). Then, in the order they came into my life: Shang(f, grey/white), Kilo(f, grey tabby), Callie(f, calico), Pharaoh(m, grey/cream points), Pixel(m, orange/white tabby), Echo(f, calico), and Cleo(f, grey tabby).

They all were outdoor cats with the exception of Shang who was indoor/outdoor. So being in a rural area, they came and went, most were strays who I hope found a new family after they disappeared. I've never had more than 3 at once. The only one who was actually put down was Kilo. Kidney failure at 3 years old. I was absolutely devastated... I had a pretty strong bond with her. Callie climbed up in my dad's truck and fell out when he pulled away. Broke her neck. Pharaoh was killed by a pack of dogs. They were both kittens and are both buried in the flowerbeds at my parents' house. Cleo died unexpectedly at age 6 while my parents and I were on vacation and we found her when we came back. She's buried with the kittens.

Only one is still living: Pixel. He's my sweet loverboy. 11 years old in May and over 20 pounds of solid cat. Lol! But he's not fat, just a really big cat. It's the first thing people say whenever they see him. Lol! But he's a big cuddlebug and lives for bellyrubs that go on forever. If someone's walking towards the door he'll run ahead and plop down with an "ooph," roll over and look at them expectantly until they reach down for a bellyrub. He's irresistible.

But he's been an outdoor cat all his life and putting him in an apartment seems a bit mean. Plus, he's easily confused and doesn't deal well with change. So he'll live the remainder of his years at my parents' house getting brushed by my dad on the porch and a quarter can of tuna every day. Lol.

So when I get my own place, I'll need to fill it with a four-legged, furry friend. I won't have time for a kitten and I want to rescue an adult cat who has had its heart broken and give it someone new to love. I can't wait to be in the position to bring a new cat home.

And I want a place to commune with other cat lovers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page