Hello, There! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello, There!

Hi, there! I'm new to the forum here. I have one cat at the moment, but I'm sure you'll be hearing all about my angel kitty, Bandit. He was a grumpy old man and considered a demon by nearly everyone, but he stuck to my side like Velcro. He was my shadow, and the best cat I ever had. After we lost him in December, my fiancee couldn't stand how depressed I became, and brought home our current cat: Tobi, who at the time was half-bald. I wasn't really fond of the idea of another cat at first, but after I stopped thinking of her as "not Bandit"; I grew quite fond of my six-toes-on-each-foot-with-no-balance, drooling-means-I-love-you, gotta-lick-everything-in-sight, carries-on-a-full-conversation-in-meow ball of fluffy quirks. I thought about joining the forum about a month ago, after Tobi started to come out of her shell and I began to notice some odd behaviors(like her drooling while she's being pet) but I never found the time. After a trip to the vet, Tobi was deemed perfectly healthy(except a food allergy, which was why she was missing fur when we got her-after a change in diet, it's growing back in quite nicely), she's just full of nearly every odd quirk you can imagine a cat having. We look forward to getting to know everyone and sharing stories of love and humor! Purrs, Angel Bandit and the Lady in a Tuxedo

Last edited by marie73; 02-14-2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: fixed quotes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome!

So sorry about Bandit, but Tobi sounds adorable. Cleo drools when she kneads. Seems like Tobi is very happy.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Senior Cat

Hello!

I had a cat that used to hug me and drool in my ear. I assumed he had been too young when he left his mom. I thought it was kind of a nursing ritual. Your kitties were/are vey sweet. I look forward tp hearing more about them!

Mylita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
after I stopped thinking of her as "not Bandit"; I grew quite fond of my six-toes-on-each-foot-with-no-balance, drooling-means-I-love-you, gotta-lick-everything-in-sight, carries-on-a-full-conversation-in-meow ball of fluffy quirks
First, deep condolences on your loss of Bandit. I agree with the assessment that a cat just can't step in and fill the void; each is special and lovable in their own right and it's not fair to compare.

Second, this description of Tobi is hilarious and no doubt very accurate. She looks like a bundle of personality.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Cat

Hello, There!

I'm sorry about your Bandit, sounds like you two were partners in crime. My boy cat is named Toby, good choice! I think the drooling is normal, but not positive-- never had a cat that drools, lol. But from others responses, seems to be related to early weaning/nothing to worry about.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! And thank you for your condolences about Bandit. He was definitely my buddy and is very deeply missed, and I at this point I don't know if I'd have gotten another cat for quite some time if my dear fiancee hadn't brought Tobi home. He definitely chose right-she's the kind of cat that demands you let her love you, and her huge personality it was hard not to fall in love. A couple of you mentioned the drooling. Our vet told us that it's a common-but-uncommon trait for cats. Drooling while nursing is a very common behavior, and a small percentage of cats never drop the habit, and end up being lifelong "happy droolers". I was relieved when he told us this- one cat I'd had as a kid, Nessy, had to be put down after she got very sick, and drooling was one of the symptoms. @RNcatlover- Tobi/Toby is a great name for a cat! Besides, with a polydactyl kitty, it was hard to resist the possibility of a nickname like "Tobi-Toes"!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Tom Cat

Hello, There!

Welcome! I am sorry about Bandit. I know what it's like to lose a pet that you were closely bonded to.

You kitty's were/are beautiful!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

R.I.P. Patches (1998 - 12/3/10) & KC (4/9/99 - 3/13/13)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page