Rescues only - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Smile Rescues only

Hello... I love my cats! Five years ago, I began rescuing cats. I worked for a time with a rescue group but have since resigned. At the present, we have five cats from the ages of four to eight. Three of these are special needs. Our oldest cat is a Norwegian Forest cat. She and her sister joined our family at the ripe age of five weeks. They were allowed to go outdoors until one disappeared. It is a suspect coyote snatching but no one knows. Hence, no more outdoor time. Our next cat is a long haired Siamese found on the side of the interstate with a short haired sister. Two weeks later we were asked to adopt her sister as 8 prospects declined her adoption. She is so skittish that it is difficult to get close to her, let alone touch her. The next cat came from our daughter. As a kitten she climbed into the engine compartment to get out of the rain and for warmth. Three days our daughter could hear the cries of the kitten but could not find her. The vehicle went into the shop for maintenance but the kitten was able to remain hidden. The next morning the crying was heard again. My daughter refused to move the vehicle until the source of the meowing was found. The vehicle was in the entrance of a gated community! Sequoia was found and taken to my daughter's home. Her daughters became disenchanted with the kitten who had become so frightened by the kids she hid from everyone. Hence she came to her forever home with us. Our last adopted cat was found on the street nearly dead from starvation. After eight months in the shelter, she contracted a bacterial infection that twice nearly killed her. My former rescue group nursed her back but she was still having problems. Funds ran out and the decision was made to put her down. Knowing this cat was special, I could not allow this so I adopted her! After years of visiting vets all over the West, she has been diagnosed with stomatitis severe enough to cause her to lose all but two teeth! It has also affected her kidneys, her skin and coat. She is off all medications and only lost two teeth this last year! MY husband and I are the lucky ones in being able to provide a forever home for these cats and two special needs dogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page