Cat Forum banner

Hello fellow cat lovers :)

432 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Marcia 
#1 ·
I'm a proud owner of an 8-month old kitten.
She has beautiful blue eyes and a beautiful coat that is white/light gray with dark points from her Siamese-mix father.

She is very cuddly and friendly. She enjoys sitting on my window ledge (I put some pillow cases there to keep her warm), likes stealing my spring mix, and loves hanging out around me (i.e. taking naps beside me).

She's also very smart and has learned not to sit or sleep on my laptop and not to go into my roommate's room (my roommate is slightly allergic). However, she has been very bitey recently. Perhaps that's because she hasn't had a fellow animal friend since her separation from her brother and sisters at 8 weeks :(

She's currently on Blue Wilderness Kitten food, but I'm trying to phase her out of it since she's almost all grown up and since she was spayed, started putting on unhealthy weight. Thinking about Blue Wilderness Indoor Cats or Weight Control OR Blue Longevity Kitten/Adult. But concerned about the stinky poo smell when on a fish diet (Blue Longevity is fish-based).

Also, she's currently using a clumping wheat litter, but since it tracks a LOT, I am thinking about switching her to walnut or pine pallets. She's tried crystals before, too (that was her first litter when I got her), but I had to stop using it because though it had no odour, the crystals turning yellow was quite gross.

Sorry if I'm rambling! I just have a lot of questions and things to decide on and much to learn. I hope I can find some advice from the expert cat owners here! :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. The biting may be just her age. If she is not fixed, I would do that ASAP. That will help. I have been largely successful at curbing it by grabbing the scruff and giving a firm NO!. The last time our new girl Lacey did it, I gave a firm NO! and even hissed at her (expressing my extreme displeasure). She has not nipped since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.