Hello everyone - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Unhappy Hello everyone

I stumbled on this forum as I was looking for information on how to cope with the loss of a pet. I lost one of my cats last week. She was my special girl and it has been really hard. I'm hoping that sharing will help ease the pain some and hopefully get some input on how to deal with it. I look forward to meeting new friends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 02:44 AM
Senior Cat

Hello everyone

I'm so sorry for your loss. We all deal with pain and grief for our loved ones in different ways. Some get a new cat immediately while others need a bit more time. It takes time to heal a broken heart. You will always have beautiful memories tho and those will help you through. That and knowing your kitty is waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Cat Addict

It's so hard, isn't it? I'm sorry for your loss.

If you think it will help to talk about her, even share happy memory photos of her, this is a good place for that.

My guess is that most, if not all, of the members here have been through this. And even though we all process grief differently, you won't find a more compassionate, sympathetic group. That's what I've found here at least.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Premier Cat

I am really sorry about your loss. Losing a beloved pet is so hard. If you need to talk let me know.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Premier Cat

It is absolute heartbreak, isn't it. You're among people who understand, that's for sure.

It sounds trite, but time really does make a difference. It won't be easy to grasp this now, but there really will come a time when you're able to think of your kitty without the sting of having lost her.

Holly and Murphy
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Cat

lost pretty much my best friend 45 days ago. Me and my girlfriend had to put him down due to lily pedal poisoning, he was only 1.5 years old. To make a long story short theres nothing you can do but let time heal you. I mean I still walk around thinking about what we would do and his whole personality. Sometimes telling myself, why cant he just walk around the corner. I work from home so he was around me 24/7

Go to the rainbow bridge section and read other threads, it helped me big time. Talking about it and reading other peoples experiences really helps. It sucks knowing others went through the same heart ache but at the same time it helps to have that common ground.

Something that helped me is I went to zazzle.com, got some goofy pics of him and put them on various items you can customize like coffe mugs, plates, other things like that. I got a coffe mug and a 16x20 canvas of a collage of different pics of my cat Orion
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Jr. Cat

Hello, There is nothing more difficult than dealing with the loss of a precious baby. You need to let yourself grieve and take as much time as you need. I have found that it helps to let myself cry.....somehow it helps me to heal. Try to remember some of the good times......I realize that this isn't easy with a recent loss. And, most important, it helps to share your feelings with others who understand. {{{{}}}}
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I think I found a great place with wonderful people who can relate. There’s nothing like talking to people who don’t understand what that special bond means. This is the first forum I’ve joined so I’m getting familiar with the in’s and out’s.

I appreciate everyone’s thoughts and suggestions and just wanted to let you know that I may be slow at responding simply because it just hurts sometimes to think about it but I’m trying to focus on the positive things.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Cat

I'm so sorry for your loss. As some of the other members have said this is a wonderful place to share your photos and memories of your special girl. Losing them is so hard and we understand that pain. So whenever you're ready to share those special memories with us don't hesitate to do so.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Cat Addict

Only one thing has helped me with the loss of my animal children, time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page