Hello from San Diego - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 03:52 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello from San Diego

Hello Ladies, Gents, and Kittys
Me and my buddy Samson wanted to introduce ourselves. Samson is a recent rescue. I think he around 2-3 years old. I never was fond of cats until I met this guy. When I first saw him I whistled at him, he come up to me and rolled over exposing his belly. I was a little intimidated at first but after days of the same behavior I couldn't resist. He was dirty, underweight, and riddled with fleas and mites but I didn't care, so the first thing I did was took him to the vet for a complete treatment. Seeing a lot of cats die around my work (close to a busy street) I decided the best thing for Samson was to take him home and the rest is history.

Fast forward 5 months, my wife is pregnant and we are in a situation on because our home is only one bedroom. With a new baby on the way we decided that its going to be difficult and unfair for Samson to be locked up in a room all day. Also with the lack of space at home we feel it may not be safe for our future new born baby, a cats natural instinct is to snuggle with a warm or crying baby. Some people may beg to differ but I would rather not take a chance.

So thats a little about Samson and I. I would really love to hear some advice
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samson and kitten Leo.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	80698  

Name:	Samson playing in tree.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	80706  

Name:	Samson with bell.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	80714  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 02:47 AM
Premier Cat

Welcome Sammysdad! I see TWO kitties there! Is Samson the grey and white one? If so, who's the little orange one? They're both Adorable!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Cat Addict

Hi and welcome! Samson is a handsome boy. Thank you for giving him a home. My oldest son and his wife are college students and at the time lived in a very small apartment. They have a cat, Edee. When they had a baby, they had no issues with the cat and the baby. Cats, really don't need a lot of space. As long as they have food, water, litter box, a few toys and loving owners they are happy little souls. They never had any problems with the cat and baby interactions. It is actually good to expose babies to cats and dogs a t a very young age builds their immune system and less risk of asthma in the future. Don't worry about the cat and the baby. Congratulations on your baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page