Dutch cat person in Turkey - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Dutch cat person in Turkey

Good evening all, I am living together with 10 cats , I didn't plan this it just happened. But the last months I am struggling a bit with the fact I have gathered so many cats around me. It keeps me from what I want to do, and I have a lot of sleepless nights. One thing is very clear for me: I don't want to give up my cats!

Last edited by marie73; 02-06-2015 at 04:03 PM. Reason: font
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Tom Cat

Welcome to the forum! We'd love to hear more about your kitties and we can help if there are problems so you can get some sleep.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hi Marmoset, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately there is not much what you can do for me except reading my msgs. It helps me to tell my story to ppl, who understand me. The fact is that I lived in Turkey for the last 8 years, and I've had enough of it, I would love to go back to my homecountry. Living here is not a joy or a gift anymore, like it has been for me. But I cannot leave my catfriends behind. Having them is a joy but also a burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 10:56 PM
Premier Cat

Hi 10catsinTurkey!
As you can see...we have some things in common!
At any given time, I'll have three to five cats sharing my bed with me, and one Border collie!
As soon as my hubby is up, is when I get the furbabies joining me, to snuggle and share purrs!
Isn't there a way you could take your furbabies with you, if you left??
I know what you mean...I would never want to leave any of mine behind either...
Would love to see some pictures!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 08:03 AM
Premier Cat

Welcome to the forum! Although interested in the cat predicament; after all, NO ONE here has 10 cats , I for one am very interested in how a Dutch person came to live in Turkey. Background please (if you don't mind sharing).

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello Marcia en Sharon and everyone who is reading,

I wil post pics as soon as I figured out how it works I have loads of them so I hope you won't get bored.

No Sharon, at the moment I am not in the position to bring my cats from Turkey to Holland, just because of the fact that I don't have the money for it. I have a job, and a few beside jobs, and I can take good care of us, but there is no way that I can save up money. So, I am stuck unless I appear to have a very far family member who leaves me loads of money . Finding a bag with money would also be an option, but until now no bag found, although I have been searching.

How I ended up living in Turkey is very simple, I became ill, I was diagnosed with breast cancer, and during my recovery my sister suggested to have a "sister only" break in Turkey. I felt "home" the minute I arrived here and came back for a holiday as often as I could. I changed after my illness, lived day by day and became more impulsive. The feeling that I wanted to live here became stronger and stronger and so I just did it. I have been very happy here, but I also was disappointed a lot whilst living here, things have changed and I don't like the changes. They started to bother me more and more and the last months the feeling of not wanting to be here anymore grew very strong.

Re-homing my cats is not an option, not in Turkey, no way! So I am stuck and have to make the best of it.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 11:07 PM
Cat Addict

There is so much unrest in that area, and Turkey is involved. It's understandable that you want to leave.
You have a great deal of integrity to put your cats' needs first, and to not even consider leaving them. It's a tough situation, to be sure.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Yes it's a very tough situation, and I cannot stop thinking about leaving. I try to come up with solutions but Idodn't find one yet. I have to go on and hope one day I can move with all my cat friends
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 08:17 AM
Premier Cat

I don't envy you your circumstances there. The changes in that part of the world are worrisome to be sure. It's hard to say what Turkey will do in the long run. I hope you have a good support network of friends and your sister there. You've been through enough to not have to worry about day to day existence. Thank you for considering your furbabies in all this decision turmoil.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:54 PM
Cat Addict

Hi,have you thought about setting up a fund raiser online too try and get donations to help towards the costs. One of the shelters I support here had a huge mountain dog who was offered a home in Canada but the costs to get her there were really high, so they set up a fund raiser online asking for donations however small to help get her to her new homeland and in quite a short time had raised the half they had wanted to do so it was a go. In fact they got the whole cost but they put the other half towards the shelter. It's got to be worth considering. Also maybe finding out if a charity could help with connections to get reduced costs or support. You would be surprised what you can find and how generous people can be. I admire you for putting your cat family needs so high and not leaving them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page