New Member! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

New Member!

Hi everyone. I am on all kinds of animal forums but have yet to explore a cat forum. I am now in a situation where I would be interested in getting some opinions from other people about a cat that I recently acquired. I wanted to post in the "behavior" forum, but apparently I need to post here first.

Currently I have 1 cat who is fully mine and 2 other cats who are here on adoption trial. My kitty is a small female who is called Brook (although I tend to call her by her funny nickname that may not be appropriate to post here!). She's great, very affectionate and friendly and LOVES other cats. I've had her for 5 years since she was a kitten.

The other two we actually just picked up yesterday. We had been searching the local rescues for a cat to add to the family, but we wanted the cat to fit very well with our lives. We wanted the cat to be affectionate, social with other cats, and okay with dogs (We have 3). One rescue told us of a 1 year old (almost) solid black male they had and we went to go see him. He was everything we wanted, so we started the process to adopt him. In the cage next to him was another cat, a blue tabby point male. Originally we only wanted one cat but we got to petting this kitty and he seemed so relaxed. We ended up feeling like we couldn't pick between them so we just got them both. We have the resources, space, and time so we figured why not?

In hindsight it was a bit of an impulsive decision, but we were sure we could handle the trial. We are doing a 2 week trial with both cats so the rescue can take one/both back if they aren't a good fit. The rescue had only just gotten the tabby point a few days ago, so they didn't know much about him. We got him as a wild card, not sure at all if he would fit in around here. He had also just been neutered a few days ago. He seemed very mild-mannered, so I was optimistic. We took both cats home and set them up in large dog crates upstairs where none of my other animals can go. The black one has been a dream. Very friendly, doesn't mind my female cat when she comes to see him (like I said, she loves other cats), and adjusting quite well. It'll be no time at all before I'll be comfortable allowing him to roam the house. The tabby point is another story. I've become a little wary of him. However, his story is the one I intend to post in the behavior section of the forum, so I will leave that out.

So that's pretty much it, I'm happy to be here and looking forward to participating.

Last edited by marie73; 06-25-2017 at 03:31 PM. Reason: pictures removed, too big
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Here is my 5 year old kitty Brook!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome, Brook is beautiful.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page